Connecting to VPN With Alfred

So I created a command that works from in my terminal...

osascript -e  "set pid1 to do shell script \"wg-quick up mullvad-us2 > /dev/null 2>&1 &\" with administrator privileges"

Basically it asks me for Touch ID (to get administrator privileges) and then connects to my VPN. This works fine when I run it in bash.

When I put it into Alfred, it asks me for Touch ID and then doesn't work. Any ideas why?

Welcome @fyber,

Your shell (in the terminal) has context that Alfred doesn’t (namely a PATH with indicates where to look for binaries). Instead of wg-quick, give the full path (/usr/local/bin/wg-quick?).

In the future, when asking for help with a Workflow, please upload it somewhere so we can help you better. See the Reporting Problems with Workflows topic, as it gives a nice overview on how to build an effective report.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:08 PM, vitor said:

Welcome @fyber,

Your shell (in the terminal) has context that Alfred doesn’t (namely a PATH with indicates where to look for binaries). Instead of wg-quick, give the full path (/usr/local/bin/wg-quick?).

In the future, when asking for help with a Workflow, please upload it somewhere so we can help you better. See the Reporting Problems with Workflows topic, as it gives a nice overview on how to build an effective report.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately this did not work. I also tried writing stdout to a file but that didn't work either (file was never created).

I've uploaded my workflow to Google Drive. WireGuard was installed through homebrew, and my Alfred is v3.7.