Unable to get clipboard history

@selfmade69 Are you using more than one clipboard manager, or another tool that could interfere with the normal operation of the clipboard? We have a few Macs on 10.12, and haven't seen any behaviour like this over the years.

I'd recommend creating a new user profile on your Mac temporarily, to see whether you see normal behaviour on the new account. Let me know how you get on!

Cheers,
Vero

@selfmade69 When you say "The clipboard is still not working", what does and doesn't get copied? For Clipboard Merge to work, there already has to be content in your clipboard. At what point did the issue arise?

If the above don't give you any hints as to what could be happening on your Mac, you can quit Alfred, navigate to your user directory under ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Databases/ and delete the clipboard.alfdb file. This will delete the clipboard database, and remove any potential corruption.

Let me know how you get on! :)

Cheers,
Vero

@Vero

What I meant was that clipboard history still doesn't work even after disabling both potential conflicting applications but strangely enough the clipboard merging option works.

Example: Copying "ABC" with command + C does not show in the history but copying "ABC" with Holding command + double tapping C will merge and shows up in the history I don't know why copying with Command + C isn't working anymore.

6 minutes ago, selfmade69 said:

BTW is there a way to fix my old database?

Alfred's ".alfdb" files are just SQLite3 databases with a different file extension, so you fix them the same way. Unfortunately, it's likely irreversibly mangled. You might have more luck digging an old version (from when clipboard history was still working) out of your Time Machine backup.