Alfred2 workflow for google search suggestion, instant search, and current site search

It seems to be a Ruby error (I'm using 10.9 GM). This is the error when running from command line:

/usr/bin/ruby /Users/martin/Dropbox/Alfred_v2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FD7614C1-3388-4F55-885A-5C04C0B50D3F/instant.rb test
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require': cannot load such file -- alfred (LoadError)
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
from /Users/martin/Dropbox/Alfred_v2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FD7614C1-3388-4F55-885A-5C04C0B50D3F/instant.rb:20:in `<main>'

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

run `rake bundle:install` in the workflow folder. 10.9 upgraded the ruby version.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The initial motive is to automatically use current front browser's site for site search. Current it includes google suggestion, instant search, site search and related search.   Suggestions are welc

run `rake bundle:install` in the workflow folder. 10.9 upgraded the ruby version.

Thanks for helping out.

Running that command, gives me this error:

/Users/martin/Dropbox/Alfred_v2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FD7614C1-3388-4F55-885A-5C04C0B50D3F on iMac.local: rake bundle:install --trace
rake aborted!
No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb, Rakefile.rb)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:598:in `raw_load_rakefile'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:89:in `block in load_rakefile'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:160:in `standard_exception_handling'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:88:in `load_rakefile'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:72:in `block in run'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:160:in `standard_exception_handling'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rake/application.rb:70:in `run'
/usr/bin/rake:37:in `<main>'

Sorry, I forget the package does not include the Rakefile. You need to Delete the existing workflow from Alfred 2, clone the repo from https://github.com/zhaocai/alfred2-google-workflow  to anywhere you like. Run `rake bundle:install && rake install` in the folder.

OK, so I did that, but now there's a new error :)

/Users/martin/Downloads/alfred2-google-workflow on iMac.local: rake bundle:install && rake install
cd google
bundle install --standalone --clean
fail to install gems (status = 127)
ln -sf /Users/martin/Downloads/alfred2-google-workflow/google /Users/martin/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/me.zhaowu.google

OK, so I did that, but now there's a new error :)

/Users/martin/Downloads/alfred2-google-workflow on iMac.local: rake bundle:install && rake install
cd google
bundle install --standalone --clean
fail to install gems (status = 127)
ln -sf /Users/martin/Downloads/alfred2-google-workflow/google /Users/martin/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/me.zhaowu.google

try to download the updated Google.alfredworkflow and import to Alfred 2

did it on purpose. Trust google to show up the best results. If I want to search in the browser, hit ⌘ + 3.

Works again. Excellent stuff, zhaowu.

The only thing which seems odd, is the option to show search results in browser, has moved from its usual position at #1 to #3 in the list:

YSIHFgF.png

Can you run `LANG=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/ruby ./instant.rb test` in the Terminal, give me the output and ~/Library/Logs/Alfred-Workflow.log? I do not have 10.8 installed to test.

Thanks.

On Mac OS 10.8.5 only "g" works. Everything else reverts to default searches as soon as you type a query. (Works great on OS 10.9, however.)

Got it. This is output:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___memccpy_chk
  Referenced from: /<removed>/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FCBDF848-A9CC-4576-9686-1D3197B1273C/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/json-1.8.1/lib/json/ext/generator.bundle
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___memccpy_chk
  Referenced from: /<removed>/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.FCBDF848-A9CC-4576-9686-1D3197B1273C/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/json-1.8.1/lib/json/ext/generator.bundle
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

[1]    91370 trace trap  LANG=en_US.UTF-8 /<removed>/ruby ./instant.rb test
Edited by glortho
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, your workflow is great! Just want to change the gi search to German. I just changed the .com to .de, now it says in the instant.rb "arg      => URI.escape("http://www.google.de/search?as_q=#{query}&lr=lang_")" 

Is this correct? Anything else that I need to change? It unfortunately does not work at the moment, only provides outputs for the english google. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks! 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...