What are the most common Alfred hotkeys?

erusev

The default hotkey is ⌘Space, but it's already taken by another app I use and also, I find it uncomfortable.

I want a custom hotkey. 

Can you help me choose one?

What are the most common custom hotkeys that people use?

Edited by erusev

Mine is set to this:

740829743_2018-12-13at01_15.png.eb358cc51256e9167df1a6febbc8316f.png

For similar reason as @vitor. GraphQL servers use cmd + space to get suggestions.

I never press those keys though so I activate Alfred by either pressing j and l keys together or with a single press of right command (configured with Karabiner). Although I don't often activate Alfred alone as I have everything bound to an external trigger with Karabiner. I really dislike the overhead of keywords and want to activate my stuff fast.

Maybe it works for you too. Although it probably is not as common to do it this way. 🙂

Edited by nikivi

The default hotkey is Alt + Space, so you can always leave it at that. :) 

Cmd + Space is a popular alternative, a familiar one as it's the default Spotlight hotkey. It takes a little work to turf out Spotlight from this combination  (https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/cmd-space/)

I wouldn't recommend using Enter as part of your combo, as you're then clashing with the very useful Action Modifiers (https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/action-modifiers-quick-alternative-actions/) but Enter is allowed in a hotkey combo - so just keep that in mind if you later use workflows that use action modifiers.

Cheers,
Vero

1 minute ago, erusev said:

@Vero

The problem with ⌥Space is that it's hard to hit it without moving your left hand away from its base position.

As to ⌃Enter, you're right, it's not a good hotkey.

@mayuzumi

Double tap shortcuts feel significantly slower than single tap shortcuts.

For I always press shortcut keys one by one, I think double tap is more convenient.😂