[SOLVED] Show calendar results in searches

Hi

I'm trying to work out to get Alfred to show calendar results in searches in the same way that Spotlight does. So for example if I key in Dentist it will show me my dentist appointments.

I've have deselected calendar in the Don't Show section of File Search Preferences and have also given Alfred full disk access.

I was also expecting to have to grant access to calendars for Alfred in the Privacy section of System Preferences but it does not appear there. 

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Cayman

Unlike contacts, Alfred doesn't read your calendars database.

If you want to view calendar events in Alfred, you need to point it to .ics files for those events (and add the corresponding file types to Alfred).

If you use Calendar.app, it should export all its events as files under ~/Library/Calendars.

So add that folder to your Search Scope and add the following filetypes under Advanced…

• com.apple.ical.ics.event
  • com.apple.ical.ics

FWIW, Alfred's file search is not good for searching ICS files if you have many repeating events.

The way it works just isn't a good fit for calendar data.

It doesn't understand event dates, so it can't show dates in the results and it can't order the events in a way that makes sense for calendar data.

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Show calendar results in searches
  • 1 year later...

Hi there,

I recently downloaded Vero's workflow, which seemed like the solution to searching / finding calendar events.

However when I return a result in the search, I receive a dialog box asking me which destination calendar I'd like to import the calendar file to.

I just want hitting enter to open and show the event within the macOS default calendar app. Is this possible?

2 hours ago, nilsdog said:

I just want hitting enter to open and show the event within the macOS default calendar app. Is this possible?

That's what should happen, tbh. Normally, it should only ask about importing the event if it doesn't already know the event.