[SOLVED] Clean way to have a Keyword without a Title

nikivi

I want to have a Keyword without any title as I trigger it through external trigger and find the text distracting.

One way I can achieve this is to expand a variable that doesn't exist like so: 

913234628_2019-02-25at16_49.png.761a466f98b580c25a831821a517c446.png

And this works. But perhaps there is a better way to achieve this? Just curious as I can't actually leave the field blank, Alfred will complain.

7 minutes ago, deanishe said:

I don't understand what the problem with a non-existent variable is, though.

I’m guessing the problem is that it feels like a hacky solution. Looking at it in the future after you forget (or another person looking at it), it will look like a mistake.

9 minutes ago, deanishe said:

It's clearer than using an invisible character.

That it is. If you’re using a hacky solution anyway, one that you can see is less likely to come back to bite you.

1 minute ago, vitor said:

If you’re using a hacky solution anyway, one that you can see is less likely to come back to bite you.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking.

Assuming I couldn't remember exactly what I'd done (which is pretty common for me), I'd figure out {var:an-empty-keyword} a lot faster than an invisible character.

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Clean way to have a Keyword without a Title

Interesting reading this thread - I'll add a note to remove the constraint there which prevents you saving when the title is empty, as I imagine that it has existed from before you could wire things into a keyword object.

In the case of being a direct input (i.e. being show from an inbound connection), and there being no title, would you prefer there to be no result shown at all, just an input box? (instead of an empty result).

Cheers,

Andrew