Help constructing a Workflow to open various websites

I am trying to develop the following workflow:

We use a wiki to manage projects, so the wiki server holds several different wiki projects.

I would like to enter a keyword (lets use "wk"), followed by an argument, which will then take me to the appropriate wiki project.

Here are some examples of what I am trying to do:

typing "wk voip" into Alfred would open the URL mysite.com/projects/voip.htm

typing "wk ipad" into Alfred would open the URL mysite.com/projects/ipad_initiative.htm

typing "wk meeting" into Alfred would open the URL mysite.com/projects/tech_dept_meetings.htm

etc

How would I build those associations for keyword/argument, open specified URL?

Edited by ijoel

I am trying to develop the following workflow:

We use a wiki to manage projects, so the wiki server holds several different wiki projects.

I would like to enter a keyword (lets use "wk"), followed by an argument, which will then take me to the appropriate wiki project.

Here are some examples of what I am trying to do:

typing "wk voip" into Alfred would open the URL mysite.com/projects/voip.htm

typing "wk ipad" into Alfred would open the URL mysite.com/projects/ipad_initiative.htm

typing "wk meeting" into Alfred would open the URL mysite.com/projects/tech_dept_meetings.htm

etc

How would I build those associations for keyword/argument, open specified URL?

Workflows are very powerful and could do something like this easily but, building a workflow just to launch web sites seems a bit overkill. You could accomplish this using Alfred's custom searches. Hop in to Alfred's preferences, go to the Features tab, and click the Web Search section. In there, you create new Custom Searches with the URL you desire, a title, and a keyword to access it. In your case, you could use keywords of wkvoip, wkipad, wkmeeting. Then you could quickly browse through them by just typing 'wk', since they all share that common pattern in the keyword.

If you are dead set on using a workflow, I can try to put something together for you

That works for me.

I just wanted to try the new workflow feature, and thought something like this (I open these project sites dozens of times a day) would be a good opportunity to test the waters.

Your method works fine too though.

Thanks

That works for me.

I just wanted to try the new workflow feature, and thought something like this (I open these project sites dozens of times a day) would be a good opportunity to test the waters.

Your method works fine too though.

Thanks

If you want to use workflows we can do that as well. It's no trouble. Creating a workflow for that though, where you would type 'wk ipad' or something similar would require additional code to read what you entered and then send you to the correct site. It would have to be changed every time you wanted to add or remove one as well. You could make the workflow SHOW those names, but to enter and use that second parameter just requires a little extra. If you want to do that, let me know and I'll help walk you through it.