Layout results from workflows in formats other than a list

Brad

I've had this rattling around in my head for a while now. 

Would it be possible to layout the output of data in formats other than the list? 

eg: You open Alfred and type

'jpg

Today Alfred returns a list of filenames along with a jpg icon against each item. 

Instead of returning that, you could decide to render images in a 4x4 grid using the same space allocated for the list. 

eg: You open Alfred and type

https://news.ycombinator.com

This renders the web page in the results window. 

What do you guys think? 

Welcome @Brad,

5 hours ago, Brad said:

What do you guys think? 

I seem to recall another discussion about this somewhere else on the forum. You might want to search for it.

But in truth, I’m not enthused by your examples.

5 hours ago, Brad said:

you could decide to render images in a 4x4 grid using the same space allocated for the list

And by doing so you lose the space to show the full path to the image, which is crucial for many of us. When I search for a file in Alfred, the subtitle (full path) is often more important than the title (just the name). And this is coming from a graphic designer.

5 hours ago, Brad said:

This renders the web page in the results window.

I also don’t see the point here. You can already press ⌘Y or ⇧ and have an instant render of the page in QuickLook. I don’t imagine I’d ever want to navigate a page inside Alfred.

Now, if we were talking about Workflows having access to new types of views, then I could see the possibility for interesting interactions.