How install extensions and workflows?

Please, let me know how to install extensions in particular, and also workflows. When I try to install an extension dragging and dropping the icon on the Alfred preferences windows, I obtain always the same message:

“Reminders” couldn’t be moved to “applescripts” because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist.

Using an Italian MacOS 10.8.3 I have a folder Script<Alfred.

what to do? Thank you very much

Tommaso

I have the same problem: just installed V2 + upgraded to powerpack and I no longer have the "extensions" section where I had several applescripts and extensions installed.

The workflow section is a mystery to me right now. Surely I wil figure it out eventually but....

Right now I need for my D. Ferguson's applescripts to work. Specifically the ones for creating notes and reminders...I need quick help !!! :blink:

Thanks !!

BabaOo

"Extensions" are only for v1. "Workflows" for v2. If this scares you, I invite you to browse this forum. I believe you'll find most of the functionalities you used to have in v1 (I know i've seen reminders go by at some point).

Also, at the bottom of the workflows list on the workflow tab of the pref panel, you'll notice a "+" button that can help you with some workflows examples and templates. 

I have the same problem: just installed V2 + upgraded to powerpack and I no longer have the "extensions" section where I had several applescripts and extensions installed.

The workflow section is a mystery to me right now. Surely I wil figure it out eventually but....

Right now I need for my D. Ferguson's applescripts to work. Specifically the ones for creating notes and reminders...I need quick help !!! :blink:

Thanks !!

BabaOo

I believe that both of those have already been created as new workflows. If you check the Share Your Workflows section I believe you'll find both of those. If they do not exist, check back with me and I'll try to get them created for you.

They have !?!  Men ok sorry I just didn't find them I'll look for them tonight.

I have already installed all the examples workflows, and basically every workflow you've made...thank you so much for those :)

I wish I had the time to learn how to script !!!!! :ph34r:

Maybe i'm being really dumb here but I have same issue.  In V1 I had an "extension" that when I typed the Hotkey, it ran a workflow created in "Automator".  I can't seem to get V2 to activate that workflow.

any help?

You can probably convert it to a workflow:

- Add Triggers > Hotkey (secondary-click the shortcut recorder and change the trigger behavior to remove the ~200ms delay)
- Add Actions > Run Script and paste something like "automator ~/Desktop/test.workflow" as the content
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to make this work. I had a whole slew of these Automator workflows I could execute from Alfred version 1 without a problem. 

Could you please look at my setup to find what's wrong? If I'm missing a keystroked somewhere, I can solve it for all my Automator files.

Lt3aa25.png

Jd8jRoB.png

XrTWg0B.png

zpK4Mcc.png

I can't seem to make this work. I had a whole slew of these Automator workflows I could execute from Alfred version 1 without a problem. 

Could you please look at my setup to find what's wrong? If I'm missing a keystroked somewhere, I can solve it for all my Automator files.

I'm going to be adding an Automator workflow action to a v2 release in the not too distant future - I just ran out of time before v2 was released :)

As for your workflow, you need to escape the spaces in the filename e.g.

rename\ to\ action\ folder.workflow

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm going to be adding an Automator workflow action to a v2 release in the not too distant future - I just ran out of time before v2 was released :)

As for your workflow, you need to escape the spaces in the filename e.g.

rename\ to\ action\ folder.workflow

Cheers,

Andrew

Thank you, Andrew for this solution, and moreover a fantastic app! I look for forward to your Automator workflow.

Happy April.

Ben