[SOLVED] Terminal not working with >

Hi @Jonah if you're on macOS Mojave, you'll need to ensure you give Alfred sufficient permissions to do this:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/macos-mojave/#integration

In particular, Terminal requires Automation permissions, so it's likely that you didn't give it permission when it originally requested it, so you can do it manually by following the link above. :)

[Moving this into Discussion & Help for the benefit of other users having this issue]

Cheers,
Vero

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Terminal not working with >
  • 10 months later...

I'm having similar trouble but I've set all of the permissions properly. When I run an alfred workflow that includes a shell command the shell command doesn't work but all of the other commands in the workflow do work. The workflow runs a shell command to open a python script in a particular application (Drawbot), then presses cmd-R to run the script, then waits 1 second and presses cmd-W to close the script leaving just the UI that I built for Drawbot.

The workflow works properly on one of my machines that's running Catalina but not this machine that's running Mojave. I've making a workflow that simply runs the shell command 'ls' and it doesn't work. I even tried putting the shell command 'ls' in a python script to see if that works and it doesn't.

Interestingly, if I use > to execute a terminal command it works just fine!