Jasondm007

Search Workflows & Open in Alfred's Preferences?

Does anyone have a workflow that searches imported workflows, and then opens the selected workflow in Alfred's Preferences tab (i.e., instead of opening Alfred's Preferences tab, and then using its search bar)?

I have found several great workflows - like @dfay's Workflow Picker or @pochemuto's Alfred Keywords - that search your existing workflows and then run them or reveal them in Finder, etc, but I haven't been able to find one that has the option to open the workflow in Alfred's preferences window. 

Like most people, I find myself constantly tweaking my existing workflows, and would love to find an easier way to search and open them in Alfred.

Thanks for your help!

Is it even possible to do? Alfred’s API certainly has no function for it. What happens when you run:

open -a “Alfred Preferences” /path/to/workflow/folder

?

@deanishe When I run the suggested command, Alfred's Preferences merely open.

That is, they do not open to the specific workflow's path (let alone the Workflows tab/window, unless it was open previously).

I guess that mostly explains why no such workflow currently exists…

For my part, I'd very much like such a workflow. Perhaps @Andrew can weight in regarding how feasible it is.

Posted (edited)

This would be a great help.  Even if it’s just setting command-, to open the currently active  workflow (if any) in prefs rather than the general   prefs screen.

Edited by dfay

Terrific. I am used to apps like Intellij IDEs where one can access any app action and any preference thru search. I have seen very few apps offer that. Sublime Text is decent for that. Hope such comes someday.