[SOLVED] DevonThink 3 Results in Alfred

Hi! I just switched to DevonThink 3 and with DevonThink 2 I could search and find all files inside my DT Databases with Alfred. This does not work anymore. I enabled the Spotlight Index of my Databases and the Files are found with Spotlight, but not with Alfred. Do I have to enable something else in Alfred to be able to find my files with Alfred? I thought it would just use the Spotlight index and the results should be the same…

Thanks!

On 4/27/2019 at 7:42 AM, bk161124 said:

I thought it would just use the Spotlight index and the results should be the same…

Which folder are the DevonThink 3 files in? Have you added it to your search scope?

I don't have DevonThink, but that would be the obvious explanation for why Alfred isn't finding the files (Spotlight always looks everywhere; Alfred only looks where you tell it to).

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Which folder are the DevonThink 3 files in? Have you added it to your search scope?

I don't have DevonThink, but that would be the obvious explanation for why Alfred isn't finding the files (Spotlight always looks everywhere; Alfred only looks where you tell it to).

Hi deanishe, thanks for your answer. The DT Databases are located in ~/Documents and they were there before, when it was DT2 and Alfred found the files. I’ll open a thread in the DT Forums and link it here.

Edit: DevonThink Forum Thread

Edited by bk161124
Added Link to DevonThink Forum Thread​​​​​​​
54 minutes ago, bk161124 said:

The DT Databases are located in ~/Documents

That isn't where the Spotlight/Alfred data are. You need to specify the directory where the exported metadata are, not the database. I just installed DevonThink 3 demo to test, and the correct path appears to be ~/Library/Metadata/com.devon-technologies.think3 (where ~ means your home directory).

Add that to Alfred's Search Scope and see if it works then.

Edited by deanishe
  • vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] DevonThink 3 Results in Alfred
  • 2 years later...

Searching with Alfred works for me. However, if I search for a PDF in my DT database which was downloaded from a website (so it has the url in the meta data), it doesn’t open the file in DEVONthink but the website. Any ideas how to fix this?

Btw, I had to add to Alfred’s scope the file type “com.devon-technologies.metadata.think3”, otherwise it didn’t find anything.

• 9 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, deanishe said:

[...] the correct path appears to be ~/Library/Metadata/com.devon-technologies.think3 (where ~ means your home directory).

Add that to Alfred's Search Scope and see if it works then.

Thanks. This worked perfect.

But i had a little struggle on finding Library/Metadata -> it wasn't shown up in finder/alfred. For anyone else who is struggeling:

i solved it by opening Terminal.app and run the command:

open Library/Metadata

After this, finder opens in the Metadata folder and you can drag and drop the folder

com.devon-technologies.think3

into alfreds Search Scope List under

Features -> Default Results -> Search Scope