Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, deanishe said:

Python 3 is 3x faster on my machine because it uses scandir under the hood.

 

Good catch! Indeed it is way faster and therefore a good option. The only thing is that macOS will be shipped with Python 2.7 and Python 3 requires custom installation. But maybe I need to proceed with Python 3 instead.

 

Quote

A propos of not very much, I've been using MeiliSearch in quite few workflows

 

Interesting! As far as I understood MeiliSearch requires a server running in the background. How did you implemented this with Alfred especially starting/stopping the server?

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Acidham said:

The only thing is that macOS will be shipped with Python 2.7

 

I wasn't suggesting using Python 3. I just thought it was an interesting datapoint. Have you tried using find or mdfind?

 

25 minutes ago, Acidham said:

How did you implemented this with Alfred especially starting/stopping the server?

 

I didn't. I installed it (via Homebrew, IIRC) and just leave it running. I've never actually released a workflow that uses it, but it makes it extremely simple to write workflows (or scripts) that search stuff, and it's a great little search engine. It's a lot easier than using SQLite, and it's smarter, too. It supports diacritic folding and case-insensitive search on non-ASCII text out-of-the-box, which SQLite leaves up to you to implement (SQLite isn't Unicode-aware).

 

I just thought it was an interesting tool worth mentioning.

Edited by deanishe

Share this post


Link to post

v2.4.0 on GitHub

 

Add Batch Mode Deletion

Files with specific tags can be deleted in batch mode. This feature is useful for cleanup-routine of old notes, e.g. #Year2018 or #todelete etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/28/2020 at 7:41 AM, Acidham said:

In my previous post I rejected to add subfolder scanning/searching but adding more than one folder would be a nice alternative. I will take a look into adding multiple folder in config which will be searched as well...

 

Any progress on this? I really like the workflow but it is a major limitation that it can search only one folder. 

 

A less important thing, it seems that searching tags suffer from not supporting unicode, tags with umlauts are not shown or searched as expected. Could you provide the same fix as you did for titles? 

Share this post


Link to post

@cands as mentioned before, I am not implementing subfolder scanning due to performance decrease. 

 

Re. German, umlaut for me it works. I am able to search for Bäume via `mdt#Bäume` as well as via `mds #bäume`. Can you provide me with debugging output?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 8:03 PM, Acidham said:

@cands as mentioned before, I am not implementing subfolder scanning due to performance decrease. 

 

Re. German, umlaut for me it works. I am able to search for Bäume via `mdt#Bäume` as well as via `mds #bäume`. Can you provide me with debugging output?

 

Yes, I wasn't referring to subfolder scanning, I was thinking of manually adding a list of folders that could be searched (e.g. as a workflow environment variable or in a text file). You said earlier that it would be a nice alternative and that you could look into it. 

 

Regarding the umlaut issue, the debugger does not report any problem. However, it is not working as expected. For example, I use the tag "slutför" and when all tags are shown it is shown only in partial as "slutfo", and when searching for it nothing is shown (whether I write it out fully or partially). Please see screenshots. I'm using version 2.4.0 of your workflow on macOS 10.14.6 and Alfred 4.0.9. 

tag_slutför.png

 

search_tag_slutför.png

Edited by cands

Share this post


Link to post

@cands Strange, I but it worked some time before given your previous posts right?

 

Please download newest version from files (not from releases). I did some minor improvements which may help. For me German umlauts works. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/26/2020 at 8:14 AM, Acidham said:

@cands Strange, I but it worked some time before given your previous posts right?

 

Please download newest version from files (not from releases). I did some minor improvements which may help. For me German umlauts works. 

 

Thanks, using the newest version (2.4.1) it now works to search with Swedish umlauts. They are still not shown properly (still like “slutfo”), but that's not a major thing. I honestly don't remember how it worked before, I have not used tags so much and I may simply have missed such problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@cands I am now seeing another issue: You typed 

md# slutför

but I implemented without white space, therefore try

md#slutför

or change in workflow if you like to type with white space

Edited by Acidham

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Acidham said:

@cands I am now seeing another issue: You typed 


md# slutför

but I implemented without white space, therefore try


md#slutför

or change in workflow if you like to type with white space

 

@Acidham Yes, I confirm that it works to search now in version 2.4.1 (except tags with umlaut only showing partially, as explained above, no big deal). Searching without white space is convenient so I'd like to keep that, thanks for explaining. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...