My first (exported) workflow:

Do Not Disturb, Limited - Toggle the macOS Do Not Disturb feature, optionally for a specified length of time.

dnd-on-tiny.png.e63a6ba60864e07dd8568f1c1078ee30.png

dnd-on-delay-tiny.png.f462e280b54f741e35f65fd126c3f2ef.png

dnd-off-tiny.png.b16fde6fd10a24fd24bf314c5458a3ad.png

I was really inspired by CalmNotifications but I always forgot to toggle it back. Plus, I really wanted the indicator to reflect the current status, which didn't happen when the "set a plist value and kill NotificationCenter" method is used.

Releases | Source

The timing on this is fun, as just yesterday I was going to turn on Do Not Disturb and thought “did I add a timer to the feature?” (I was thinking of CoffeeCoffee).

I see this method requires setting up a keyboard shortcut. For reference, you can set those up via the command line. I don’t recommend implementing that as part of the Workflow since you shouldn’t be forcing specific shortcuts on user’s machines, but it might be useful to your own setup, or give you an idea to make the process more straightforward (e.g. suggest a shortcut to the user, and auto set it if they agree).

That is a great tip Vitor! I'm still pretty new to macOS but I'm gathering `defaults` is where a lot of the action is.

For workflows with setup, would that typically be another subcomand ("dnd init"), or some kind of dialog on the first run?

2 hours ago, troycurtisjr said:

but I'm gathering `defaults` is where a lot of the action is.

Correct. Though unfortunately, new features tend to not have commands for it. I fear we might even lose some that already exist, with OS upgrades.

2 hours ago, troycurtisjr said:

For workflows with setup, would that typically be another subcomand ("dnd init"), or some kind of dialog on the first run?

Your choice, but a dialog might be too much. I’d have another command and explain it in the README.

Trying this out - it does not seem to be moving the toggle in the notifications pane on MacOS - Should it be?