Email… and Email to… will not work – SOLVED!

Greetings,

I am having difficulty getting Email... and Email to... to work. I'm using the default Mail app on Mac OS Mojave. I search for my file using Alfred, invoke the Action Menu and choose  Email... and nothing happens, outside of launching the Mail app is it was not currently running. The same thing happens if I use Email to... then pick a recipient. 

Any thoughts?

Bill

22 minutes ago, Bilbo63 said:

Latest Mac OS Mojave. Lates Alfred as well. 

Please avoid saying “latest”, and always say the exact version. When you say “latest” we don’t know if you mean the latest pre-release or stable version, nor do we know if you’re actually on the newest version. You may think you’re up to date but be mistaken, or might be a version behind because the auto-update hasn’t kicked yet, or we may not be on what we think is the latest version but isn’t, or a multitude of other reasons. It also does not help someone who comes later with the same issue, as they’ll have no idea if their version matches yours.

Edited by vitor

Sorry. I’m not at home at the moment and replied using my iPhone. I am visiting my dad who is ill in a hospice right now. 

I will follow up with the exact version numbers as soon as I am back home. 

Bill

Edited by Bilbo63
Missed word

@Bilbo63 Is Mail.app definitely set as your default Mail client?

It could be that you didn't allow access for Alfred to control Mail.app when macOS popped up the dialog to ask for permissions (it only ever does this once, the first time Alfred needs access). Could you open macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation, and ensure that "Mail" is selected for Alfred 3?

Also, what happens when you use the 'email' command inside of Alfred.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Bilbo63 changed the title to Email… and Email to… will not work – SOLVED!
  • 5 months later...

I can only search email attachments and send emails from Alfred. But for example if I want to use the function "Search Mail.app by Author" I do not get any results. How do I send email attachment from Alfred ? Sorry I am new into Alfred. Below you see some pictures. 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-15 um 13.12.41-min.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-15 um 13.12.56-min.png