Get Currently Selected Text

Hi,

I'd like to create several Workflows that operate on the currently selected text, either directly through some sort of transformation (e.g. making all caps) or by passing that selection to some other operations (e.g. search in Google, create new text file with text as content).  I can't figure out how to implement a simple "get" command in Alfred that works on the current selection.  Any ideas?

Hi,

I'd like to create several Workflows that operate on the currently selected text, either directly through some sort of transformation (e.g. making all caps) or by passing that selection to some other operations (e.g. search in Google, create new text file with text as content).  I can't figure out how to implement a simple "get" command in Alfred that works on the current selection.  Any ideas?

I'm not sure what you mean by "a simple 'get' command". Are you meaning that you can't find a way to get the currently selected text?

Right - to get the currently selected text. For example, I'm reading a PDF, and I see a word I don't know, or want more information about. Is there a way to highlight that word, activate Alfred, and then perform an operation on the highlighted text, such as "Define" or run a google search, or what have you.  

• 4 months later...
  • 10 years later...