s95hc8

How to add "SEARCH in FINDER" option to fallback searches?

Currently whenever I want to search for a file on my Mac I rather do not use Alfred (which I use for EVERYTHING else) but I have to open a new finder window, hit CMD + F and type my query in the little spotlight window in Finder.

I then refine the search by adding filters.

I really would like to simplify this by adding a "SEARCH in FINDER" option to fallback searches (which I love and use all the time).

How can I add this option to fallback searches?

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 24.03.24 .jpg

@s95hc8 There's an even simpler way to search using Finder (Spotlight's Finder search); Go to Alfred's Advanced preferences, and have a look at the three options below the Action Modifier in the right column.

Alt + Return should be set to "Search with Spotlight" by default, but you can use any of these modifiers, so that you can simply hit Alt + Return on your query to launch Finder with the relevant search.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 17.29.24.png

Cheers,
Vero

Yes, I am aware of this feature but for some reason I just cannot get this into my brain 😞

It would be just soooooo easy if I could add this function as a fallback search as these don't rely on a specific shortcut but I can just use the curser, hit enter and be done.

I find myself recently actually using spotlight instead as spotlight finds those finder files directly and displays them in a neat way.

I wish I could add "find file in finder" as another fallback search.