applications outside the /Applications folder

mattsawyer77

My apologies if this has already been reported, but searching did not turn up any issues that I could find.

I have some custom applications created via Applescript (and saved as an Application) that reside in a folder within my home folder. In Alfred v1 it would find these apps. In Alfred 2 it does not. I've tried clearing the application cache, rebuilt the index (twice), restarted Alfred, and no luck.

More info about my environment:

• Alfred 2.0.1 (173)
  • OSX 10.8.3
  • MacBook Pro 15" 2011

The screenshot shows my current settings and I even added the folder that contains these app files (~/Terminal Settings).

Edited by mattsawyer77

My apologies if this has already been reported, but searching did not turn up any issues that I could find.

I have some custom applications created via Applescript (and saved as an Application) that reside in a folder within my home folder. In Alfred v1 it would find these apps. In Alfred 2 it does not. I've tried clearing the application cache, rebuilt the index (twice), restarted Alfred, and no luck.

More info about my environment:

• Alfred 2.0.1 (173)
  • OSX 10.8.3
  • MacBook Pro 15" 2011

The screenshot shows my current settings and I even added the folder that contains these app files (~/Terminal Settings).

Could you give me an mdls of one of these apps which isn't being found - This should work fine so I suspect a metadata issue.

After the mdls, try dragging this folder to OS X's Spotlight Privacy preferences, wait a moment, then drag it out again. After a minute or so, type 'reload' in Alfred.

Cheers,

Andrew

It appears that I just hadn't waiting long enough for the rebuild. I assumed that the little black dot in the Spotlight icon going away meant that it was done (not so). However, a couple hours later, everything is working as suspected. Thanks for your quick response, and hope I didn't send anyone down any rabbit trails.  :)

It appears that I just hadn't waiting long enough for the rebuild. I assumed that the little black dot in the Spotlight icon going away meant that it was done (not so). However, a couple hours later, everything is working as suspected. Thanks for your quick response, and hope I didn't send anyone down any rabbit trails.  :)

Glad you are all sorted! :)