luckman212

Multiple keywords to trigger the same script filter?

I saw this has been asked a few times before (e.g. here) but there wasn't a clear answer.

Since Alfred 4 is coming soon, I would like to throw this into the pot to see if it might be possible.

My brain is getting old. It's hard to remember all the different keywords and hotkeys I've set up. To aid myself I like to be able to use multiple keywords to trigger the same workflow step.

Example, I have a workflow for connecting Bluetooth devices, that I trigger using `bt`

instead of just "bt" I'd like to add a few more keywords, e.g. "blue", "connect", "audio" etc.

I know I can duplicate the script filter opject and connect its Output to the same step—it's a poor man's workaround, but it'd be cleaner and better to allow multiple keywords, such as this:

image.png.3379a2303b0af05d223c0d96c5e2a3bc.png

image.png

I would also say, that allowing search with the name of the workflow would be a better solution. I can memorise maybe 5-6 workflows I use on the regular basis, but I have no chance to remember abbreviations for the rest of them. Launchbar makes it right - I can assign abbreviations, but I will always find them also via the usual "fuzzy search"-like entry. Since Alfred these days relies so much on workflows, we need a better way to find them. 

There is kind of search now in Alfred 4 - with "?" keyword you can find workflows too, but it will not show you the keywords and if you activate workflows found, it will just open them in the workflow editor. You can user this workflow instead as a workaround for now: http://www.packal.org/workflow/alfred-keyword-help and hope that at some point we don't have to rely solely on keywords :)

As an idea - it would already help, if search in workflow names could be configured as one of the default fallbacks.