[SOLVED] Possible to NOT show Contacts results when a matching keyword is found?

I have a few keyword triggers that also seem to show results from Contacts.

image.png.8f18c7cba850dd57eb9f31a89b3c2d27.png

I don't want this. If a keyword matches, I want ONLY the results from that keyword/script filter. Is this possible?

I know I can turn off the checkbox in Default results:

image.png.d8f119cdccdedd1ac05243d82276485b.png

But then, how do I search Contacts and take action on them??

Answering my own question. I found the solution here (Thanks @Vero !! )

http://www.packal.org/workflow/contacts-filter-text-content

Basically, un-check "Contacts in Default Results and then create a custom workflow to search contacts. I used just the single letter "c" for mine. Works perfectly!! I think this could use a little mention or a bit of documentation on https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/contacts/. Could be a slow brain day for me but I struggled to figure this out and it should be more obvious I think... 🙃

image.png.8d9f928b096c7253f167e23e9ab63ab9.png

Edited by luckman212
  • vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Possible to NOT show Contacts results when a matching keyword is found?
  • 3 years later...

Hello @luckman212

thank you for an excellent workflow. I was surprised that when I search for a name like jim smith the order of the words entered is important. If in my contacts the name is entered as smith jim and I type in smith jim, the result is immediately displayed. If however I enter jim smith, there is a long list of results (many of which are irrelevant) and among those results smith jim. It obviously get more complicated when in addition there is a company. Is there a workflow syntax to specify name or company etc ?

thank you in advance for your time and help

3 hours ago, rob213 said:

I was surprised that when I search for a name like jim smith the order of the words entered is important.

Shouldn’t be. I just tried it and it works in any order.

3 hours ago, rob213 said:

If however I enter jim smith, there is a long list of results (many of which are irrelevant)

Contacts results, or results in general? You have to use the Keyword defined in the Workflow’s File Filter to call it, it doesn’t take over your default results.

1 hour ago, vitor said:

Shouldn’t be. I just tried it and it works in any order.

Contacts results, or results in general? You have to use the Keyword defined in the Workflow’s File Filter to call it, it doesn’t take over your default results.

OK thank you. I will have a 2nd look