Workflow to open Safari tabs

Hi - completely new to Alfred 🙂.

Before buying the Powerpack, I'd like to know, please, if it can automate one of the routines I do most often: open Safari and about a dozen Safari tabs to switch between the sites I visit most often.

Very grateful for any help/advice - and ideally confirmation - that Alfred 3 + Powerpack can do such things…

Thanks so much, Vitor!

That was quick - and very welcoming - much appreciated: I'll download, buy and try for myself (have bookmarked those to URLs), asking again if (I may) if I run into difficulties.

I knew I did the right thing by going with Alfred 🙂 .

Thanks again for offering to help!

I set up a Workflow as per the attached grab. I think I got everything I need.

Can you see anything I may have missed out, please; or any improvements I could make?

🙂 !

Workflow.jpg

17 minutes ago, MSealey said:

or any improvements I could make?

You don’t need to connect things in a straight line; a node can connect to (almost) any other node, and as many as you’d like.

So instead of connecting the Hotkey to the Keyword, connect it directly to the Open URL. And instead of having the Open URL connect to each other, make the Keyword connect to them all. To keep everything tidy, use the Junction Utility.

You did a good job with the screenshots, but keep in mind for the future (not needed this time) that it’s better if you upload your Workflow somewhere so we can tweak it directly. I have a Workflow (UploadFile) that makes it easy to share files, but any method and any link is fine.

Since you’re a Safari user, you may also want to check @deanishe’s Safari Assistant for further ways to control your browser.

And above all, have fun playing with and building the Workflows! If you have any questions, we’re here to help. Welcome to the community.

Great! Thanks again, Vitor 🙂 .

I think I've got it amended as you kindly suggest - BUT what I obviously now have to do next is go back to your docs and work my way through them.

Which will be a pleasure.

One quick thing, if I may, that seems more immediate: what's considered good practice with .alfredworkflow files - does it matter where they're kept once I've imported them? is there really no need to save any workflow etc?

Two little things actually: is it a known bug (apparently) that the arrow keys don't work when editing here on this forum?

Thanks again!

Is there anything which Alfred cannot do!

3 minutes ago, MSealey said:

what's considered good practice with .alfredworkflow files - does it matter where they're kept once I've imported them? is there really no need to save any workflow etc?

A .alfredworkflow is essentially a .zip with a renamed extension. When you import it, it’s unpacked to your preferences and you can throw out the original file, yes.

4 minutes ago, MSealey said:

is it a known bug (apparently) that the arrow keys don't work when editing here on this forum?

You mean that the arrow keys don’t work in the forum text box? Nope, not a bug I’ve seen mentioned. Maybe you have an extension causing the issue?

Thanks, Vitor - and there's no preferred way to back .workflows up as such in the Alfred Preferences?

Yes - you're right about an extension: I whitelisted this site in 1Blocker and all is well 🙂 .

All appreciated!

12 minutes ago, MSealey said:

and there's no preferred way to back .workflows up as such in the Alfred Preferences?

Turn on sync and you should be fine. But like I said, after you open the downloaded .alfredworkflow and import it, you can throw away the file. Think of it like downloading a zip file and then unpacking it somewhere; after it’s done, you no longer need the .zip.