Belfong

What do I do with Alfred 3

Just installed Alfred 4 and upgraded the Power Pack. When I started Alfred 4, there's a helpful Wizard to help with Migration of the settings and workflow data. I am guessing choosing "User Sync" for preference will actually make Alfred 4 use my Dropbox preference. And choosing "Move workflow data" will move from Alfred 3 data to Alfred 4.

The question I have now is, what do I do with Alfred 3? Can I safely delete it without losing my settings and data?

(I have Hazel install and Hazel will also helpfully help me clean everything when I uninstall - dare I uninstall?)

4 hours ago, Belfong said:

I have Hazel install and Hazel will also helpfully help me clean everything when I uninstall - dare I uninstall?

Be very careful not to delete some of the settings which are still being used when using an auto cleaning app.

Take a look at the following page to see where Alfred 3's settings live to check against what you're deleting:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/reset-alfred/

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks! I have manually deleted those .plist files and folders and the Alfred 3 app. Onwards to 4.......!