Search Alfred Workflows (Alfred 4)

17 hours ago, Acidham said:

I would say that would be an enhancement request for Alfred Preferences  @Andrew

I never discovered a WF where info.plist was malformed and I expected that Alfred will throw an error in case  info.plist is corrupt. 

So far we don't know what exactly caused the issue. Can you ( @raguay.customct) figure out which workflow caused the issue and share the WF with me for further investigation?

You can figure it out in case the enabled workflow cannot be found by alf.

It might take a while since I have around 80 workflows on my system.

@raguay.customct Added log output when corrupted WF was found. Please install version 0.7.3 and open debugging console in Alfred. The WF path contains the corrupted WF  will be written to the log: 

[09:07:23.292] STDERR: Search Alfred Workflows[Script Filter] Corrupt Workflow found, path: /Users/acidham/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.9E01D57B-1985-48BA-96CF-BBACDD1219A3/info.plist

• 4 weeks later...

In the Workflow, in "Applescript handling Alfred WF UI:" the Applescript code reads as follows:

on run argv
	set theQuery to item 1 of argv
	tell application "System Events"
		keystroke space using control down
		delay 0.1
		keystroke theQuery
	end tell
end run

Here 

keystroke space using control down

should be variable because people tend to have different Alfred triggers 😊

On 6/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, Acidham said:

@raguay.customct Added log output when corrupted WF was found. Please install version 0.7.3 and open debugging console in Alfred. The WF path contains the corrupted WF  will be written to the log: 

[09:07:23.292] STDERR: Search Alfred Workflows[Script Filter] Corrupt Workflow found, path: /Users/acidham/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.9E01D57B-1985-48BA-96CF-BBACDD1219A3/info.plist

Sorry, I seamed to have missed this. It's my Pollen workflow. You can download it from my workflows repository on GitHub:  https://github.com/raguay/MyAlfred

The workflow loads and runs fine. I've removed it and re-installed it and your workflow still says it's in error. Not sure how to fix it other than recreating it.

Edited by raguay.customct

Thx @raguay.customct 

I installed your Pollen workflow and what when I debug my workflow it seems that plist reader fails here with: 

xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 826, column 12

But I cannot find an invalid token in info.plist of Pollen 😕

2 hours ago, Acidham said:

it seems that Call External "EditFile" is causing this issue. When I remove that step it works. 

Okay, that is suppose to go to My Editor Workflow to call the editor I am using to edit the configuration file. Now, the alf command doesn't show a bad workflow. I had forgotten that I had changed the name of the workflow and I haven't needed to edit those files recently. But, why would calling a workflow that has been renamed as a XML parse error?

5 hours ago, Acidham said:

Thx @raguay.customct 

I installed your Pollen workflow and what when I debug my workflow it seems that plist reader fails here with: 

xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 826, column 12

But I cannot find an invalid token in info.plist of Pollen 😕

You sure there are no invisible characters in there?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm not a coder, I installed the workflow for alfred 4 

"

[18:31:30.384] Logging Started...

[18:31:32.751] Word Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'l'

[18:31:32.758] Word Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[18:31:32.759] ERROR: Word Search[Script Filter] Code 127: /bin/bash: python: command not found

[18:31:32.940] Word Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'lo'

[18:31:32.946] Word Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[18:31:32.947] ERROR: Word Search[Script Filter] Code 127: /bin/bash: python: command not found

[18:31:33.052] Word Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'lov'

[18:31:33.056] Word Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[18:31:33.057] ERROR: Word Search[Script Filter] Code 127: /bin/bash: python: command not found

[18:31:33.136] Word Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'love'

[18:31:33.202] Word Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[18:31:33.205] ERROR: Word Search[Script Filter] Code 127: /bin/bash: python: command not found"

please help

8 hours ago, Acidham said:

What is python3 -V telling you when you execute it in terminal ?

You can’t rely on that. The PATH is the Terminal is unlikely to be the same that Alfred uses. Note @ItsJaky has a python error, not python3. The likeliest explanation is that they’re on an old version of the Workflow.

4 hours ago, Acidham said:

But OneUpdater is implemented and should keep the WF fresh.

Not if the Workflow breaks in a way OneUpdater will never trigger because its object can’t be reached, which is the case here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 11:59 AM, vitor said:

Not if the Workflow breaks in a way OneUpdater will never trigger because its object can’t be reached, which is the case here.

Correct forgot that little piece ;)