Jump to content
PaulFWatts

[SOLVED] No Alfred 4 selection for "macOS Full disk access preferences" and "macOS Automation preferences"

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Have just done a clean install (i.e. uninstalled Alfred 3 first) to Alfred 4.0.1 b1078.

 

Running on macOS Mojave 10.14.5 on a MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2017, Four thunderbolt 3 ports)

 

Have been able to set the "macOS Accessibility preferences" and the "macOS Contacts preferences" but as the title says unable to set the other 2 preferences as Alfred 4 does not appear in the selection settings.

 

See attached screenshots.

 

Have searched but can't see anyone else having this problem.

 

Look forward to a solution.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.33.05 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.33.16 am.png

Edited by PaulFWatts

Share this post


Link to post

For full disk access, you'll need to click the padlock on this macOS prefs screen to unlock the [+] button, then add Alfred 4 manually.

 

Cheers,

Andrew

Share this post


Link to post

I'm having this issue as well, but only for the Automation category and there is no option to manually add to the list that I can see. Is there another way to manually add it?

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Carly said:

I'm having this issue as well, but only for the Automation category and there is no option to manually add to the list that I can see. Is there another way to manually add it?

 

macOS will request this one automatically when it's needed; The button is there to review your options or if you've declined it before and need to go check the box.

 

If you don't see Alfred in the Automation options, then you haven't been using actions that require it yet, and don't need to worry about it.

 

If any are greyed out (Full Disk Access and Automation), it's because you're on a macOS version older than Mojave, and these permissions aren't required.

 

Cheers,
Vero

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, Andrew said:

For full disk access, you'll need to click the padlock on this macOS prefs screen to unlock the [+] button, then add Alfred 4 manually.

 

Good news. I’m watching the “Advances in macOS Security” WWDC talk, and they just mentioned that they got developer feedback about how it was weird that users had to manually add apps there, so now if an app is refused access, it will be pre-populated and unchecked.


After the video is available (livestreaming now), it should be around the 32 minute mark.

Share this post


Link to post

Good to hear. Will definitely save some confusion.

 

Really enjoyed the keynote! Best one I have watched in years.

 

Looking forward to all the new changes. Unfortunately the new Mac Pro and Pro Monitor may be a bit out of my price range 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, PaulFWatts said:

Really enjoyed the keynote! Best one I have watched in years.

 

Agreed.

 

1 minute ago, PaulFWatts said:

Unfortunately the new Mac Pro and Pro Monitor may be a bit out of my price range

 

Don’t forget the stand!

Share this post


Link to post

Adding manually doesn't work for me, in either Full Disk Access or Accessibility. If I click the + button, or drag Alfred from Finder into the pane in System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, I get the "Alfred.app will not have full disk access until it is quit" message, but if I quit and relaunch Alfred, nothing happens, and if I close and reopen the pref again, Alfred isn't in the list (in fact, nothing is in the list, Mojave won't let me add anything, apparently?) Has anyone else experienced this after upgrading to Mojave?

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, blacksmithtb said:

Adding manually doesn't work for me, in either Full Disk Access or Accessibility. If I click the + button, or drag Alfred from Finder into the pane in System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, I get the "Alfred.app will not have full disk access until it is quit" message, but if I quit and relaunch Alfred, nothing happens, and if I close and reopen the pref again, Alfred isn't in the list (in fact, nothing is in the list, Mojave won't let me add anything, apparently?) Has anyone else experienced this after upgrading to Mojave?

 

What about if you try to add an app other than Alfred? Does the same issue occur?

 

Have you tried restarting your Mac in case it's gotten itself into a funk?

 

Cheers,
Vero

Share this post


Link to post

Hello! Yes, I have restarted a few times since I upgraded to Mojave. And no, I can't add any other apps to Accessibility, Full Disk Access, or Automation (though Alfred 4 is indeed showing up fine in Contacts, for example). Watching Console.app while trying to add Alfred to Accessibility I see this error, which seems like the problem. My sense looking at Apple's docs is that the app needs to make a request, which should prompt the OS to get confirmation from the user?

 

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 2.54.08 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Just checking in again, Mojave has made Alfred significantly more annoying to use for me, pasting out of history (or a snippet) requires me to paste twice now, which I suspect is the OS refusing to give Alfred the access it used to have - unless that's a different issue?

Share this post


Link to post

@blacksmithtb It sounds like there are some more severe permissions issues on your Mac if you're unable to keep any apps in the Accessibility and Full Disk Access preferences. 

 

I would recommend temporarily creating a new user account on your Mac to test whether you're able to make permissions stick there. Try adding Alfred and any other apps to your Accessibility preferences, log out or restart and see whether they remain listed as having the permissions. If they do on the secondary profile, but not on your primary one, this will confirm that there are deeper permissions issues outside of Alfred on your main profile, which you'll need to resolve first.

 

Cheers,
Vero

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...