Interacting with certain folders

So I know you can type in '/' and get to the root directory in Alfred, however, 

is there a way to type in 'downloads' and it will take you to the downloads folder, or say 'desktop' and it takes you to desktop? 

Perhaps even extend this feature to custom folders too? 

Do we have any built in functionality like that?

Two quick ways are 1) type ~ (the Unix abbreviation for the user home directory) and it'll bring you into your home dir and you can use ⌘ & number keys to navigate to Desktop, Downloads etc.

2) type 'Downloads or 'Desktop (typing the single quote before the folder name).  This assumes you have turned on Features > File Search > Quick Search

2 hours ago, dfay said:

Two quick ways are 1) type ~ (the Unix abbreviation for the user home directory) and it'll bring you into your home dir and you can use ⌘ & number keys to navigate to Desktop, Downloads etc.

2) type 'Downloads or 'Desktop (typing the single quote before the folder name).  This assumes you have turned on Features > File Search > Quick Search

Thank you so much! I never though to use the ~.... I though it was only available in specific situations (like finder and terminal) only. :)

@skarchmit Alternatively, if you specifically want to add folders to your Default Results, you can do this by checking the "Folders" tickbox in the Features > Default Results.

Personally, I have Preferences, Contacts and Folders included in my default results (as well as apps, obviously) :) 

Cheers,
Vero