Alfred File Browser - Sort by Name - File names that begin w. Numbers [Fixed 4.0.3 b1091 pre-release]

Jasondm007

I’m not sure if this is an Alfred 4-related bug, or if it’s something that I’ve just now noticed. In any case, I was wondering whether Alfred's file browser's sorting should behave like Finder's, specifically when it comes to sorting by names (its default)? For files that begin with numbers, for example, Alfred doesn’t appear to treat them as numbers - at least numbers that may be more than one digit long. 

Consider the following example of a folder containing sequentially numbered PDFs. In the screenshot from Alfred’s browser, you’ll notice that a file beginning with the number 10 comes directly after a file beginning with the number 1.

1562319772_AlfredBrowser.thumb.jpg.3c6c81280757bd9b68f412bf5b808792.jpg

However, when you view the same folder in Finder - as show in the screenshot below - you’ll notice that it places the file that starts with the number 2 directly after the file beginning with number 1, when sorted by name. 

Finder.jpg.efda02d7f86869de257bb12e62719d32.jpg

If this isn’t an Alfred 4 bug, is there any way to get Alfred’s file browser to behave in a similar fashion - and recognize that numbers may be more than one digit long? 

As always, thanks for your help!!

Edited by Jasondm007

• Andrew changed the title to Alfred File Browser - Sort by Name - File names that begin w. Numbers [Fixed 4.0.3 b1091 pre-release]