iTunes mini player no longer works on macOS Catalina

hello,

I upgraded to the Catalina beta software last night and for some reason I can’t get Alfred to launch the mini player.  When launching the mini player it displays “Launching iTunes”. I tried resetting my library through Alfred preferences.  Alfred recognizes the correct .xml file but for some reason it’s  stuck on the ”Launching iTunes” message.  

Edited by bzzzl
  • 3 months later...

Apple removed iTunes (and the underlying XML support) in Catalina, and as such, the Mini Player no longer works in Alfred 3. In the latest version of Alfred 3, this is explained in Alfred's iTunes preferences.

I'm in the process of adding support for Apple's Music.app in Alfred 4, and in the latest version of Alfred 4.0.4, the Mini Player should generally operate as expected. I'll be improving this over time in further Alfred 4 updates.

Cheers,

Andrew

I have updated Alfred to the newest 4.0.5 [1118], but there are still bugs with Alfred and the mini player on Catalina.

I have found that my playlists don't show up when I search for them through the mini player; "Alfred Playlist" is the only playlist that shows up. Going directly from the mini player to playlists with ⌘+4 still only shows "Alfred Playlist" as the only playlist. My playlists show up Apple's Music app just fine, but they're not there in Alfred's mini player.

• 2 months later...