automatically paste a url into an app workflow

Just now, vitor said:

Welcome @eluxmaxel,

Could you please be more specific about what it is that you want to do? Are you looking for a Workflow that will download video from a URL? If so, yes, is is possible — DownVid is such a Workflow (disclaimer: I’m the author).

i use downvid as well but downvid doesn't give 1080p videos and whenever i download an mp3 it gives me a different file 
i just want it to automatically paste into the 4k app

Just now, eluxmaxel said:

i use downvid as well but downvid doesn't give 1080p videos

Yes, it does. DownVid downloads the best available quality mp4 video. In some cases, that’s 4K, even.

2 minutes ago, eluxmaxel said:

whenever i download an mp3 it gives me a different file

I don’t understand what that means. Are you saying it gives you a different file format? That’s because it found a better one (as determined by youtube-dl). If you want a specific format, edit the audio_format Workflow Environment Variable.

All of this is explained in the README and the forum post.

4 minutes ago, eluxmaxel said:

i just want it to automatically paste into the 4k app

Again, I don’t understand what that means. Sounds like you’re asking for ⌘V. “Automatically paste” in what context? Describe the steps you want to perform, and how you’d do it manually. Be verbose.

Did the app launch? Did you have a URL in your clipboard?

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to help you further as I don’t have the app and I don’t want to install it. That company’s apps were known to bundle malware, in the past.

12 minutes ago, vitor said:

Did the app launch? Did you have a URL in your clipboard?

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to help you further as I don’t have the app and I don’t want to install it. That company’s apps were known to bundle malware, in the past.

the app launch but nothing was pasted...

2 minutes ago, eluxmaxel said:

the app launch but nothing was pasted

Then to debug that, one would need the app installed. As I mentioned, I’d prefer to not do that.

But I do suggest that for the next person that comes along to help, you be more verbose and explicit, as I’ve mentioned several times now. In your previous post you said that “nothing happened” but now clarified something did happen (the app opened).

Your posts are too short and not nearly descriptive enough, meaning they require a lot of back and forth to get to the crux of the problem. Most people don’t sick around that long; you need to help us help you. If you don’t put enough effort into expanding your case, you can’t expect strangers to.

Anyway, welcome again to the forums, and good luck. There are many helpful users that frequent these forums, and it might be that one of them has another idea or uses the app.

ok and btw it comes out as opus when i download audio file with downvid 

39 minutes ago, vitor said:

Anyway, welcome again to the forums, and good luck. There are many helpful users that frequent these forums, and it might be that one of them has another idea or uses the app.

1 minute ago, eluxmaxel said:

ok and btw it comes out as opus when i download audio file with downvid 

Like I said:

1 hour ago, vitor said:

If you want a specific format, edit the audio_format Workflow Environment Variable.

All of this is explained in the README and the forum post.

Read the instructions.