Key Combo not working

Hi!

Just installed Alfred and bought both the powerpack and the remote. I love all its features but can't get "Dispatch Key Combo" to work both on the remote and in the workflows, nothing happens when I trigger it and no keystroke gets sent to the system. I have checked that Alfred has all the necessary permissions in the security/accessibility sections and can't understand why it wont work. I'm using an Italian keyboard layout.

If anyone knows how to fix it would really help!

Edited by LuCa_0

Hi @LuCa_0, welcome to the forum.

5 hours ago, LuCa_0 said:

If anyone knows how to fix it would really help!

We can't really help you without a more detailed description: "nothing happens" doesn't say very much.

Could you upload your workflow somewhere (Dropbox?) and post a link, so we can see it for ourselves?

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue. I just moved to a new MacBook and workflows using key combos have stopped dispatching the key combos. I've attached a screen shot of both a test workflow and my privacy setting for Alfred.

Thanks for any advice.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 09.07.03.png

@dp1207 Could you please remove and re-add Alfred from this system preference? 

Did you transfer your data from an old Mac to your new Mac or restore from a Time Machine? If so, there's likely been some corruption in macOS establishing whether Alfred has the necessary permissions. Removing and resetting this permission should take care of it :)

Let us know how you get on.

• 3 years later...

I actually have this same issue, I'm trying to create a new workflow that toggles the inspect window in chrome and runs a script, but the key combo to open the inspect window is failing. I've also tried the workflow that @dp1207 has listed and the key combo part does not execute. I've tried resetting all my Alfred permissions and still am not able to get this feature functioning. 

I'm on Ventura 13.2 on an M2 Macbook pro.

I manually added each permission listed in this article, and then ran the command at the bottom as well after that didn't resolve the issue https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/#:~:text=You can also go directly,Alfred for the relevant permissions.

image.png.936f4bd4cb695e3d730b9c0642b9c65a.png

@onigirichan Do you already have the right app focused when the key combo is used? If not, you might want to try adding a delay utility between the keyword and key combo, as the app may need some time to come into focus or open the relevant window before Alfred dispatches the key combo.

If you can share your workflow (or a simplified version of it) we'll be able to help you more thoroughly :) 

@Vero I played with it a bit more and I think that was part of the problem!

I tried doing it with an apple script instead, which then prompted me for permissions to use System Events which I allowed. After I did this, i noticed that the example in this thread of opening the note app with a new note key combo worked. So maybe it needed that permission?

I still have the issue with it sometimes not working because it wont focus the chrome console but if i start the command focused in chrome it seems to work well now while at least using apple script. This ended up being what worked for me :)
image.png.710c621d5ede4dfe72cf194355566039.png

tell application "Google Chrome"
    activate
end tell

tell application "System Events"
    tell process "Google Chrome"
        keystroke "j" using {command down, option down}
 		delay 1
   		keystroke "v" using {command down}
		delay .5
    		key code 36
		delay 2