LuCa_0

Key Combo not working

Hi!

Just installed Alfred and bought both the powerpack and the remote. I love all its features but can't get "Dispatch Key Combo" to work both on the remote and in the workflows, nothing happens when I trigger it and no keystroke gets sent to the system. I have checked that Alfred has all the necessary permissions in the security/accessibility sections and can't understand why it wont work. I'm using an Italian keyboard layout.

If anyone knows how to fix it would really help!

Edited by LuCa_0

Hi @LuCa_0, welcome to the forum.

5 hours ago, LuCa_0 said:

If anyone knows how to fix it would really help!

We can't really help you without a more detailed description: "nothing happens" doesn't say very much.

Could you upload your workflow somewhere (Dropbox?) and post a link, so we can see it for ourselves?

I'm having the same issue. I just moved to a new MacBook and workflows using key combos have stopped dispatching the key combos. I've attached a screen shot of both a test workflow and my privacy setting for Alfred.

Thanks for any advice.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 09.07.03.png

@dp1207 Could you please remove and re-add Alfred from this system preference? 

Did you transfer your data from an old Mac to your new Mac or restore from a Time Machine? If so, there's likely been some corruption in macOS establishing whether Alfred has the necessary permissions. Removing and resetting this permission should take care of it :)

Let us know how you get on.

Bingo. Thanks. Especially for the really quick response.

For future reference, I used a time machine backup. I had unchecked and rechecked the box, but I had not tried removing it.