paulw

"Eject All" trying to eject system disks

Since upgrading to Alfred 4, "Eject All" now tries (and fails) to also eject the boot disk, as well as other hidden disks, whose names I don't recall at the moment. Anyone else noticing this issue?

@paulw this shouldn't be the case - can I see a screenshot of Alfred's Features > System prefs to see the settings (eject / eject all / blacklist).

Cheers,

Andrew 

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

@paulw this shouldn't be the case - can I see a screenshot of Alfred's Features > System prefs to see the settings (eject / eject all / blacklist).

Cheers,

Andrew 

Hi @Andrew,

Thanks. The blacklist was empty. I clicked "Reset" and now it's populated with:

Macintosh HD
MobileBackups
com.apple.TimeMachine*

I'll test again next time I'm connected to external drives, since "Eject All" doesn't come up with nothing attached.

I usually my boot drive. Perhaps the default blacklist could be set to match the actual name of the boot drive, rather than just the expected "Macintosh HD" name?

Paul

Well, after restoring the blacklist, it still threw errors, showing that it could not eject my boot drive (I supposed because it is not named "Macintosh HD") and as well, that it could not eject "Preboot" and "VM" which seem to be part of my boot drive core storage volume.

However, after updating to the latest 4.0.3 pre-release, it seems to be working normally now.

@paulw You can use wildcards in the blacklist, try adding the names of these to the blacklist. Also experiment with the scoping above this, e.g. "Local Mounted Volumes".