Add to Buffer: (1) Selection Hotkey or (2) File Action - Feature Request

I would love to start using Alfred’s file buffer more often, especially with some of the nice additions made in Alfred 4. However, Alfred is in dire need of better Finder-Buffer integration.

Either of the following would solve this:

• a File Action that adds files to the Buffer, or
  • a Hotkey that can be used to add files directly from Finder to the Buffer (i.e., in Preferences → Features → File Search → Buffer).

Under the current setup, the ability to use a hotkey to file action files from Finder is great (Preferences → Features → Actions → Selection Hotkey), but it doesn’t help with situations where you want to action the file more than once. Several people have created workflows that effectively mimic Allred’s keystrokes, but they’re all pretty fragile (example). In addition, I still haven’t found any that work with multiple files.

This feels like something that ought to be addressed on a system-wide basis. Alfred’s a great butler, but I think he can carry even more things! 😉 Thanks for your consideration.

No reason this couldn’t work as both a file action and a hotkey. The cleanest solution would be to add a new node, similar to a Browse in Alfred Action that adds to the buffer. That way we could make more complex selections, like have a Workflow that does something with some files and sends others to the buffer. It could even have an extra checkbox to Browse in Alfred after adding to Buffer — it it’s off, it just adds to the buffer, if you check it, it opens in the File Actions pane so you can immediately act on them.

• 11 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 7:56 AM, vitor said:

No reason this couldn’t work as both a file action and a hotkey. The cleanest solution would be to add a new node, similar to a Browse in Alfred Action that adds to the buffer. That way we could make more complex selections, like have a Workflow that does something with some files and sends others to the buffer. It could even have an extra checkbox to Browse in Alfred after adding to Buffer — it it’s off, it just adds to the buffer, if you check it, it opens in the File Actions pane so you can immediately act on them.

I suppose this feature would be useful for me too! +1