Funky Alfred Behavior…

Hello Everyone,

I've been noticing some funky behavior in Alfred for a while (months):

1. Cannot Invoke Alfred Via Hotkey.  Pressing the predefined hotkey won't bring up the Alfred window.  And activity Monitor tells me that Alfred is, in fact, running.  Searching for/selecting Alfred in Spotlight solves (temporarily) the issue.  This happens a couple/few times per day.
  2. File-Opening Workflow Doesn't Initially Work.  I've defined several workflows to open various folders via hotkey, e.g., pressing "DL" to open the Downloads folder.  Sometimes, I have to execute the workflow a second time to get the folder to open.  This is not tied to a specific file-opening workflow and happens several times/day.

I'm running Alfred 4.0.2 & macOS 10.13.6.

Any ideas?  Many thanks!

@sots What's your hotkey combo? If you change it to something more obscure, does the issue still occur? If it's only for specific combos, it may be that another app/tool intercepts the hotkey combo before Alfred can even know it's been pressed.

With your second issue, could you please run Alfred's debugger, and perhaps Console in the background to see what error messages might be returned? That definitely shouldn't happen, so again is likely to be the result of some interference somewhere...

Here's more info about using the debugger:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/

Cheers,
Vero