Add a global setting to strip out Placeholder title from appearing from external triggers

I really dislike how the Placeholder title appears when you call workflows via external trigger. Often it appears briefly only to disappear when actual results come in. This is quite annoying so what I do now is add a JSON Config object with this content:

{
  "alfredworkflow" : {
    "arg" : "{query}",
    "config" : {
      "title" : "",
      "runningsubtext" : "",
      "subtext" : ""
    },
    "variables" : {
    }
  }
}

To make sure the placeholder doesn't appear and I get a clean prompt on my workflows that I call with external trigger.

I really wish there was a global setting in Alfred that would apply above filter on external triggers so I didn't have to add and readd it on all workflows I use (all updates to other people's workflows will remove my custom objects). 

I really do enjoy having clean prompts and the icon is enough indication for me to know what the workflow does like below for searching PDFs:

1727771147_2019-07-18at15_33.png.bdfce0097d53d749b7b755eed732b31f.png

I hope such option can be added to Alfred. 🧡

Edited by nikivi

I’d be surprised if there are nine more people in the whole user base who want this feature.

Given that, if I were the one building Alfred I’d outright refuse it. This is one of those features that is just asking for people to turn it on to see what it does, and now it changed their Workflows and they don’t understand why, cue bug reports. I strongly believe this is one of those features that on the whole would consume human time, rather than save it.

1 hour ago, vitor said:

I strongly believe this is one of those features that on the whole would consume human time, rather than save it.

You have a point although there are very few people who like me consume workflows via external triggers. Most people do it via keywords and hotkeys. So I don't think adding such a global setting would cause trouble as most wouldn't even notice its effects on daily Alfred operation.

Edited by nikivi

29 minutes ago, nikivi said:

there are very few people who like me consume workflows via external triggers

Andrew has a huge list of potential features and improvements, and you've just explained why this suggestion belongs very near the bottom…