Label Colour Tag — Edit file labels and tags

• 1 month later...

Dear Vitor,

I'm on Mac OSX Mountain Lion, installed your Workflow but can't seem to get it working!

When typing "label" it autocompletes to "labelcolor ". When typing further "labelcolor yellow" and hitting enter the file that's currently selected doesn't get the label applied.

What am I doing wrong here?

Dear Vitor,

I'm on Mac OSX Mountain Lion, installed your Workflow but can't seem to get it working!

When typing "label" it autocompletes to "labelcolor ". When typing further "labelcolor yellow" and hitting enter the file that's currently selected doesn't get the label applied.

What am I doing wrong here?

You’re not supposed to type the command, just the color. This is to be used as a file action, which means you select the files, then press the file action hotkey (I think the default is Cmd+Opt+\), and select “Label” — the text “labelcolor” will appear, and you just type the color. Also, see my next post, there’s an update that can make this easier.

Edited by Vítor
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I use this workflow a lot, thank you for making it. I have a feature request: I think it would be good if it was possible to select color by writing the first letter, .e.g. "r" for "red". The workflow is great as is but that feature would allow to set the label even faster (at least for me, since I can't seem to remember the keyboard shortcuts and want to set the label instantly).

Edited by cands
  • 4 months later...

I've been using this workflow so much, it's very helpful to organize files, thank you for making it. I wonder, now that (since a while) macOS has support for the more powerful feature Tags (which also will be supported by iOS if I understood correctly) - would it be possible to further develop this workflow to be able to assign tags? I realize that it is probably more complex... I would try to build such a workflow myself but my programming skills are not so good. For me, and hopefully for others, it would be very useful since I don't know of any other really convenient way to assign tags (especially since I mainly use Path Finder instead of Finder).

Edited by cands
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...