hyperJS terminal with alfred

Hi,

is there a way that I can use hyper with alfred? I want to open alfred and type "hyper foldername" and it should suggest the right folder and than it should open hyper inside that folder. So I can spare myself from the countless cd fodlername/foldername/....

thanks!

cheers

manuel

You should be able to use Hyper by using my script that you can find in the attached post. You will need to set Alfred to use a custom terminal (Alfred Preferences -> Features -> Terminal) and paste my script in the bottom text area. Then you should be able to use the Open Terminal Here action from Alfred when inside the File Action menu 

hey! thanks for the fast reply

But what I am looking for is kind of different.

I dont want to write for example "> dev/myproject/" i want to simply write ">" for my termial and than i want to write "find myproject" and it should go with hyper into "cd dev/myproject"

thanks

so it should look like "> find blabla" and it should suggest all foulders with blabla.

any suggestions? :D

thanks

2 hours ago, deanishe said:

You want a File Filter, which you can then connect to a Terminal Command with the command cd "{query}".

As @deanishe says, but to simplify the 'connect to a Terminal Command with the command cd "{query}" ', actually with Hyper you can simply do an "open this folder with this application" where "this application" will be Hyper.

I mean, to build it yourself, just do:

1. Go inside your Alfred's Preferences at your Workflows tab
  2. Press the [+] button at the bottom of your Workflow list and select: Examples -> Simple Folder Search
  3. Double click the File Filter object and change the keyword to: >find
  4. Click the Save button to save your preferred keyword
  5. Double click the Open File object and drag-and-drop your Hyper.app application into the right drop target (where it says: the default application)
  6. Click the Save button to save your object

Then, you should be able to invoke >find myproject

With this you don't even have to change the custom terminal in Alfred and add my script, but if you plan on using Hyper I think it would be useful if you want to invoke Hyper using the Open Terminal Here or other Terminal object of Alfred.