BoD

Collection of shell scripts, completion

Hi!

I have a collection of shell scripts that I put in a specific folders.

I'd like to do something like this:

- press the Alfred hotkey

- in the search bar, type a few characters (the start of my script name)

- have auto-completion/suggestion and use it to choose the script I want to execute

- press enter to run it.

If one day I add a new script in this folder, I want the autocompletion to "just work" (without having to go to Alfred's settings)

Is there any way I could do this?

Thanks a lot!

You could use a File Filter pointed at your scripts directory. Connect it to a Run Script action with Language = /bin/bash and a Script of ./"$1" (or something like that). You might prefer a Run Terminal Command action if your scripts are interactive.

Wow thanks a lot!  It worked like a charm.

Just one question: I used a keyword, and when using it, I see my scripts in the suggested list, but I also see other things. Is there a way to filter and only show my scripts in there?   

In the screenshot, you can see my keyword is `q`, my scripts all start with `q_`, but in the list, items 2 and 3 are actually bookmarks, so not from my script folder.  Ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot 2019-07-29 14.04.00.png

@BoD Change the bookmarks feature (under Features > Web Bookmarks) to show bookmarks "via keyword" instead of "in default results". That way, you'll use "bm" (or a keyword of your choice) followed by a bookmark's name to search for bookmarks, and they won't show up in default results.

Cheers,
Vero

But I like to have my bookmarks there by default :D  No way to filter out content only for my specific keyword?

The simplest way is to use a keyword that doesn’t match a bunch of other stuff. “.q” instead of just “q”, for example, if you want something short.