How to use web searches in a list filter?

Here is the (more or less) user experience I am looking for:

- I type the keyword of my "List Filter" in Alfred bar

- A few "Titles" of my "List Filter" appear 

- I select the "Title" of the website I want to search in by typing Enter

- I type my query, for example "mkdir"

- I hit Enter

- The webpage containing the results from the website I searched in opens in my default browser.

For example, if I searched in computerhope.com, this webpage will have the following url https://www.computerhope.com/search2.htm?q=mkdir 

With a "Keyword" trigger, the argument I type is passed as {query}. How to do the same thing with a List Filter?

Here is the workflow: https://ufile.io/5whiwesp (link will expire in 29 days).

Thank you.

1 hour ago, politicus said:

With a "Keyword" trigger, the argument I type is passed as {query}. How to do the same thing with a List Filter?

You don’t: the List Filter query is used to filter your list of searches and it passes the result you chose (in your case a URL) to the next action. If you want to add a second query, you’ll need to add a Keyword after your List Filter to ask for it.

You’ll also need an Args & Vars to save your URL to a variable, as you can only have one {query}.

It’d be a lot easier to use Alfred’s built-in web searches.

Edited by deanishe
1 minute ago, politicus said:

Thanks @deanishe ! You're right built-in web searches are way easier to use.

They are, but is there a particular reason you're not using them?

I mean, if you can explain exactly what you're trying to achieve—rather than a method you've chosen to reach your goals—perhaps there is a better way to do it.

It is pretty simple. I sat many web searches long time ago a realised few days ago that I only knew a few of their keywords. Being able to use many web searches I wanted while having to remember only one keyword seemed to be amazing and maybe too good to be true. 😀

13 hours ago, deanishe said:

If you want to add a second query, you’ll need to add a Keyword after your List Filter to ask for it.

You’ll also need an Args & Vars to save your URL to a variable, as you can only have one {query}.

Thanks for your explanation.  I think I get the idea.

I still do not get how should I link the Keyword/Arg and Vars? Because while I have an argument from the list filter, I need to find a way to  fill the {query} variable to perform a query. 

Do you know any other workflow that use the action arg and vars ?

Thank you.

• 3 years later...

A few years later but this is really helpful! Is there a way to configure this further to return the most recent results in the list in Alfred for a quicklook. I'm trying to get most recent results for queried reports from ReliefWeb and International Crisis Group