Upload to imgur 1.2

Upload to imgru 1.2

Goal

Upload a selected Finder image file to imgru.

Triggers

• Hotkey: select an image file in Finder, hit the hotkey and it will be uploaded and the link copied to the clipboard
  • Keyword: select an image file in Finder, bring Alfred and type upimgur then hit return key and it will be uploaded and the link copied to the clipboard
  • Keyword + option key: select an image file in Finder, bring Alfred, type upimgur, hold the Option key then hit return key and it will be uploaded, the link copied to the clipboard and the URL opened in the default Browser
  • File Action: select an image file in Finder, hit the Alfred File Action hotkey (Cmd+Opt+\), select Upload with imgur

Note

Workflow requested by dviper48 here.

Download version 1.2 (23 Mar 2013) here.

Edited by Carlos-Sz

I didn’t know imgur until the request and it is a very interesting and easy to use image service.

Its also great because you don't have to create an account and save/categorize your uploaded images. For those kinds of instances I would use dropbox or something like that. When I just want to upload a quick screen capture to someone or an image to post to a forum, but that I dont necessarily ever want to think about or interact with again, imgur is where I turn.

This is not working for me.  It copies to clipboard but doesn't show up in imgur for some reason

It’s working here.

Try to delete the workflow. Restart Alfred. Download and install the workflow again.

Its also great because you don't have to create an account and save/categorize your uploaded images. For those kinds of instances I would use dropbox or something like that. When I just want to upload a quick screen capture to someone or an image to post to a forum, but that I dont necessarily ever want to think about or interact with again, imgur is where I turn.

I agree. Very nice approach.

Hey guys, just wondering what it is about imgur that makes it (seemingly) people's image sharing site of choice (vs ImageShack or whatever else)? I'm not a heavy user of any of them, so just wondering what makes imgur stand out from the pack.

Hey guys, just wondering what it is about imgur that makes it (seemingly) people's image sharing site of choice (vs ImageShack or whatever else)? I'm not a heavy user of any of them, so just wondering what makes imgur stand out from the pack.

For me its about how simple and basic it is. Nothing too flashy and fancy. It hosts my images, and thats all. No resizing, thumbnails, etc. And it gets the job done.

Thank you so much for this workflow. I usually upload my screenshots manually and this saves me a lot of time. I am just wondering if it possible to add multiple image option? Just 2 or 3 images. Maybe do a batch upload and then being able to paste the links? I don't know how would clipboard functionally work since it wipe the previous link.

It is just a suggestion. I like it great as is. Simple and works great.

Thank you so much for this workflow. I usually upload my screenshots manually and this saves me a lot of time. I am just wondering if it possible to add multiple image option? Just 2 or 3 images. Maybe do a batch upload and then being able to paste the links? I don't know how would clipboard functionally work since it wipe the previous link.

It is just a suggestion. I like it great as is. Simple and works great.

The only solution I see is to save to the clipboard a list of links but I’m not sure how useful it would be.

The only solution I see is to save to the clipboard a list of links but I’m not sure how useful it would be.

Thanks for your reply. Alfred Clipboard history option would come in handy. It stores info (if enabled) and maybe a script could read last xy entries and forward it as merged list to OS X clipboard. Sorry if this is confusing. For example, I assume when uploading image by image at the moment every link would be in clipboard history, and if batch upload could be possible OS X would record only the latest URL, but shouldn't Alfred remember all of them as if they if you hit CTRL-C  X-number of times? Then a script could pull URLs from the list and merge it in single list when pasting - if 3 files were uploaded the script would read last 3 items from clipboard history and so on.

If this is too complicated, unintuitive or too bulky to add simply ignore it. I am not sure how useful this would be to most people and it is always best to keep things simple as possible.

Edited by blueshirt

BTW, info for is deprecated and may stop working unexpectedly.

You can replace:

set theFile to item 1 of someSource as alias
    set theFileInfo to info for theFile
    set theName to name of theFileInfo
    set theExt to name extension of theFileInfo

with:

set theName to name of theFile
    set theExt to name extension of theFile

Cool script. Here is my version that I wrote a while ago...  

Great version.

BTW, info for is deprecated and may stop working unexpectedly.

You can replace:

set theFileInfo to info for theFile
    set theName to name of theFileInfo
    set theExt to name extension of theFileInfo

with:

set theName to name of theFile
    set theExt to name extension of theFile

Thank you for pointing that. I’ll fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome work but if I may request a feature, I would like the ability to point to a url and convert it to imgur if possible?

So like, i pop up alfred and type "upimgur http://www.somesite.com/images/frog.jpg" and it will upload the image from that site to imgur and copy the imgur link to my clipboard.

Would be really useful i think

Nice suggestion but the workflow was made to work with local files only.

Any chance to have the option to use this workflow with Path Finder?

Added to my to do list. Thanks.

Is it possible to edit it so it uses my imgur account? It works beautifully as is, but I actually like to store my web images there in case I ever want to link to them again. 

Right now it is not possible and as far as I remember upload to an account would be a completely different code.