Lord_Gareth

Toggle Alfred - shortcut to F-keys

Welcome @Lord_Gareth,

You can already assign Alfred to the function keys. How are you trying to do it; are you remembering to press the fn key? Or are you wanting to remap the special assigned actions of those keys (brightness, volume) to call Alfred?

I want to assign Alfred to "F14". When I go to preferences, in Alfred Hotkey panel I do not see option for any F-key. There is only: cmd, opt, crtl, shift and Space options and I can mix them. 

Those are modifier references, not limitations. Just press the key and it will work. Alfred takes many configurations, including double tapping modifier keys.

I am sorry, but I don't understand. If I select "Alfred Hotkey" i can press "F14" or FN+F14 and nothings change.

I would like the F14 button itself to activate the Alfred window (without any additional buttons).

9 minutes ago, Lord_Gareth said:

I would like the F14 button itself to activate the Alfred window (without any additional buttons).

Yes, I understood. Here’s an example of it working with the F9 key (my keyboard only goes to F12).

NiYceNS.png

Try the other fn keys. While trying it now, I’ve noticed F11 did an OS action instead of being caught by Alfred. Maybe F14 has the same problem.

OK, if I have F-key set as system key, only Fn+F5 or FN+F6 can be used. Fn+ F13 up to 15 don't work. But in such configuration F5 or F6 alone still won't work (I must press with FN). 
So maybe You could add possibility for such actions? For exemple, I use CopyLess 2, and if I choose F13 alone it works perfect and my system F-keys are still OK.