alfred doesn't find ALL files

egied

Hi Deanishe, I am learning to work with alfred to bear with me if I make stupis remarks.

I open alfred by hot key and type the name of the folders I am looking for. I know that I have 18 folders by that name (followed by the year they pertain to) , but in the search results only 5 show. where are the others? as to the search scope: all these folders are in the same directory of my mac (documents) , so I would reason that if alfred finds one, it (he?) should find all. 

Hi @egied Welcome to the forum and apologies for the lack of response. I saw that Dean had responded, and thought you were all sorted when I glanced at the post.

The first thing to do is to go through the steps on the Indexing Troubleshooting page:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/

If your issue persists after a reindex, please provide more details:

• What are the names of the folders you're searching for and their paths? Which ones are being returned and which not?
  • Did the issue start recently or since an OS install/upgrade, etc?
  • Which version of Alfred and macOS are you using?
  • Can you please provide a screenshot of your Features > Default Results preferences?

Please install the Metadata Tool and drag a few files that you can't find, and paste the metadata in your reply. This will help us establish whether the metadata is complete for these files or something's amiss.

Cheers,
Vero