[SOLVED] Any way to assign a secondary hotkey?

I've been using Alfred for years now, and its keyboard shortcut is burned into my muscle memory. Unfortunately, another app's shortcut is also burned into memory: CTRL+OPT+CMD+C, which I've used for years to launch an app called Calq... which was a 32 bit app, and as such, has gone the way of the dinosaur with the launch of MacOS 10.15.

The good news is that Alfred's calculator functionality means I haven't lost any of the functionality of Calq, and it behaves pretty much exactly the same way. The bad news is that I always forget about it, and my habit of conjuring Calq leaves me confused when nothing happens upon firing the old, engrained shortcut. Sure, I could just get over it and eventually learn to forget the old Calq shortcut, but old habits die painfully hard.

So, in short: Is there a way to assign a secondary shortcut to Alfred WITHOUT removing the original hotkey? If I could call it forth using EITHER shortcut combo, my life would be so much simpler...

16 hours ago, tjluoma said:

This is very simple to do with Keyboard Maestro.

It’s simpler with Alfred, and doesn’t require a second paid app running on the system. I don’t think our first suggestion should ever be to recommend an extra app, unless we’re certain it isn’t possible with the main software (in this case Alfred) alone.

@VeryVito Connect a Hotkey Trigger to a Show Alfred Utility, and you’re good to go.

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Any way to assign a secondary hotkey?
  • 2 weeks later...