Using PDF files as script filter feedback result

Hi,

I'm trying to get filters out of the "Trickster" app via AppleScript. For unknown reasons filter icons in Trickster are PDF and not PNG files. When attempting to build script filter feedback from them I see broken image icons instead (blank square icon).

Not sure how to fix this.

Thank you.

In above code the "fileicon" results in PDF file type icon being shown in Alfred results.

If I change "fileicon" into "filetype" or completely remove "type" attribute from "icon" node I'll get this (see the broken icon):

2019-10-10_1354.png

Edited by aik099
7 hours ago, aik099 said:

For unknown reasons filter icons in Trickster are PDF

Somebody will know the reason. Have you tried contacting the Trickster developers? Maybe it’s a bug and you’re trying to build a workaround for something that will be fixed on a newer version.

6 hours ago, aik099 said:

If I change "fileicon" into "filetype" or completely remove "type" attribute from "icon" node I'll get this (see the broken icon):

It works for me if I remove the type attribute (which is the correct configuration):

image.png.ae3a0bbc86db4502c18abb07a05b412e.png

1 hour ago, aik099 said:

is there a way to convert PDF into PNG on the fly?

sips. But PDF should work.

6 minutes ago, aik099 said:

It seems that there is no "type" attribute value that works the same as if "type" attribute of the <icon> tag isn't specified.

That is correct. Omit type if you are specifying the path to an image file you wish to show. Use type="fileicon" to show the icon of the file you specify (e.g. an application's icon), and type="filetype" if you are specifying a UTI (e.g. public.folder).

Edited by deanishe