Alfred "active screen" not working when active window is fullscreen

xdrop

When I set my Alfred preferences to show alfred on "active screen" and I have focused VSCode in fullscreen  (on macbook screen if that makes any difference) and trigger Alfred it shows on the other monitor which is not focused - which is wrong. If I don't have the window in fullscreen mode it works as intended.

My monitor setup is:

- Macbook screen

- External screen (set to main screen)

Alfred 4.0.5 [1118]

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, xinaes said:

Seems like this is still an issue.

I can't replicate it on macOS Big Sur, so could you provide more details? Which version of macOS are you using? What kind of screen arrangements do you have?

The more information community members can provide so that we can replicate an issue, the more likely we'll be able to help :) 

18 minutes ago, Vero said:

I can't replicate it on macOS Big Sur, so could you provide more details? Which version of macOS are you using? What kind of screen arrangements do you have?

The more information community members can provide so that we can replicate an issue, the more likely we'll be able to help :) 

Wow, really appreciate the quick response. Interesting that you can't replicate it there - although I am on Monterey (12.4), so that may well be the difference (or maybe you couldn't replicate because you set it to "mouse screen" rather than "active", see below).

I have a MacBook Pro (14" M1 Pro) connected to an external monitor (Huawei Mateview, via USB-C, doubt that's relevant), with the MacBook as the main screen. I was dabbling with "Better Dummy" which makes for a rather more convoluted screen arrangement, but that's not running right now and I doubt that's relevant either.

I am finding that when Alfred is set to display on "active screen", it will display correctly over fullscreen apps on the main display, and will display over active desktop spaces on the external display, but will not display over fullscreen apps on the external display. I have now realised that if Alfred is set to show on "mouse screen" then it does work correctly - I think that setting will do me fine for now.

Edited by xinaes