Permissions glitch with Music in Catalina. [Improved in Alfred 4.0.6 b1123 pre-release]

phyllisstein

Hey Andrew and Vero! This is a kinda petty whinge, but I noticed a little glitch with Alfred's Music feature under Catalina. The first time I popped it open, Catalina asked if I would permit Alfred to control Music. The permission prompt locked Alfred up, but appeared behind him: I couldn't dismiss the player while Alfred was waiting for clearance, nor could I grant clearance while the player was in the way.

Mfum101Bgt.gif

Ultimately not a big deal, just took me a minute to get reoriented.

@phyllisstein this is a really tricky thing to address as Apple don't follow their own guidelines on window levels for window popups, and over the years, I've had to tweak and re-tweak Alfred's window level to make sure he's positioned in front of most things, but behind others. This is working on the whole now, but a few things like this catch him out.

As a workaround, you can actually drag the Alfred window out the way in a situation like this.

I've added a note to see if I can smooth out this experience.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Andrew changed the title to Permissions glitch with Music in Catalina. [Improved in Alfred 4.0.6 b1123 pre-release]