Forum post formatting - how to add inline monospace / code?

This is about forum posting, not Alfred itself.
I know I can insert blockquote-style text using the <> toolbar button:

foo

But, I've seen people on here insert "inline" code (monospace font) e.g.

image.png.0b98bc067a121c08c3a2785f664580e8.png

I tried the Github-style using backticks but it doesn't do anything.

How is this done?

Thanks

Ok thanks. I messed around for a few minutes trying to get that workflow to do something on my system but I think Catalina's maze of new permissions/restrictions are too much for it right now. After finally getting "Notificator.app" to run, I just got stuck in an endless loop of "Reinstalling converter..." :wacko:

image.png.be9f3a324c55ec8673c39476111d80f9.png

4 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

I think Catalina's maze of new permissions/restrictions are too much for it right now.

That's a problem with Catalina, not the workflow, tbh. Apple broke a lot of stuff and have not provided any effective ways to handle the problems their changes have caused.

Paging @vitor, just so he's aware of the issue (although I assume he already is).

3 hours ago, deanishe said:

Paging @vitor, just so he's aware of the issue (although I assume he already is).

I wasn’t yet, but I’m not surprised that is the Workflow that has issues. Different versions of macOS require different versions of its converting dependency, which is why Reinstalling converter… happens at all.

Unfortunately, I’m not on Catalina and don’t plan on upgrading for a good while. It’s clear it was hastily released to meet an arbitrary release schedule and it’s too buggy, with some of those bugs happening on iCloud Drive. I only have one machine and some important data I’d really like to not lose right now, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to look at this one.

• 3 years later...