Can not search self-installed-Apps in Spotlight on Catalina

hzlzh

Still didn't work. :(

1. System Preference - Spotlight -Privacy - "/Applications" + "/System/Volumes/Data//Applications" 

2. then delete them.

3. Alfred - Rebuild macOS metadata

4. open Spotlight search something, then Spotlight will re-index all you files

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 12.24.01.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 12.25.19.png

@hzlzh The metadata tool for Firefox shows that this isn't being indexed by macOS. Until this is the case, Alfred and Spotlight won't be able to find it.

It looks like you've followed the recommended steps we suggested.

[Moving to Discussion and Help, as the bugs forum is for Alfred bugs]

• Andrew changed the title to Can not search self-installed-Apps in Spotlight on Catalina

@Andrew Yes I've tried those ways

1. Alfred "Reload Alfred Cache"
2. Alfred - Feature - Default Search - Search Scope - "/Applications"
3. Alfred - Advanced - [Clear Application Cache] + [Rebuild macOS Metadata]
4. System Preference - Spotlight -Privacy - "/Applications" + "/System/Volumes/Data//Applications"

5. brew cask install onyx

still not work for me

@hzlzh Focusing on trying to fix things in Alfred is the wrong approach, the underlying OS / macOS indexing isn't working. If you are installing Onyx, and enabling root on your Mac, you are past the point where any further suggestions from me will be relevant.

Have you been using the macOS Catalina Betas? Or did you upgrade to Catalina? If so, something may have become corrupt during this process, and you may simply benefit from a fresh Catalina install (i.e. format and reinstall, not just install over the top).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 6:12 PM, Andrew said:

@hzlzh Focusing on trying to fix things in Alfred is the wrong approach, the underlying OS / macOS indexing isn't working. If you are installing Onyx, and enabling root on your Mac, you are past the point where any further suggestions from me will be relevant.

Have you been using the macOS Catalina Betas? Or did you upgrade to Catalina? If so, something may have become corrupt during this process, and you may simply benefit from a fresh Catalina install (i.e. format and reinstall, not just install over the top).

I did not use beta OS, also I had tried OnlyX to re-index spotlight, no help still.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 00.22.17.png