v2 Hotkey Paste slow compared to v1

My company uses a bizarre amount of random passwords that are impossible to remember and quite tedious to keep looking up, copying and pasting so I depend upon Alfred's hotkey paste to enter them in a split second to keep my work moving from browsers, to terminals, and everything in between. Alfred is a huge improvement compared to some clipboard apps that for security reasons was not able to paste into passwords fields in the browser. 

I've noticed the hotkey paste feature seems much slower in v2 than it did in v1. So much slower that when after pasting the entries in the browser and immediately flicking enter often results in the page saying the password field is blank even though Alfred had populated it before hitting submit or login. Waiting a moment before clicking submit after Alfred populates the fields in my browser cures the issue, but slows down my workflow.

Can anyone explain how if the hotkey paste feature works differently in v2 that may cause this issue, or if you have this problem too? Could there be a way I can configure this differently to avoid the behavior? 

I would also say I've noticed that it seems as if when I do a hotkey paste v2, I see the app's Edit menu highlight quickly before the text appears. While the edit menu does not drop down and it's only highlighted for a quick second, I did not recall observing this behavior from v1, it just secretly pasted from whatever was assigned to the hotkey. 

Edited by redhatnick

When editing your hotkey, right click the hotkey field and set the trigger mode to 'Fastest'. By default v2 makes sure the mod keys are released before the hotkey is actioned, which makes certain scenarios more reliable.

The flashing edit menu is the same as v1 as Alfred simulates a low level cmd+v in OS X which allows him to be compatible with all apps, not only ones which support AppleScript :)