Hi everyone. 

I don't know what's the best way to notify about updates to the users? do I simply put a comment here? do I update the main post? I just want people to know that the workflow is maintained in case they want to use it.

Anyway the workflow was rewritten, added cryptocurrency support, there was 3 or 4 updates with bug fixes and improvements since the last time I published a comment here in the forum.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:01 AM, tosbsas said:

I might need some help. I am Lima, Peru that's GMT -5 but the workflow does not read that correctly. I tried to set base timezone but time is still wrong. I tried with UTC with P -05:00 and all the options there are :((

Hi @tosbsas you need to set the timezone like America/Lima 

https://www.zeitverschiebung.net/en/timezone/america--lima

https://www.php.net/manual/es/timezones.america.php

Please try it and let me know if it works-

Edited by biati
  • 3 weeks later...

@biati When I first installed your (awesome) workflow, I could do "time +30days" and it showed me the date 30 days from now. After editing a few settings (eg. timezone, measurement, base currency), it no longer shows me the date, just how long 30 days is in weeks and the timestamp. I've tried formatting it in different ways with the same outcome as well, time now + 30days, etc. 

I've also deleted and reinstalled the workflow, but it keeps the settings. Is there a way to reset the workflow to original settings?

Updated 2.0.3

- New: Improved currency conversion speed.
- New: You can use quick calculations for VAT.
- New: Added calculate clear to easily clear the workflow cache, settings or both.
- Changed: Vat action modifiers to be the same as currency, etc.
- Fixed: months to year calculation
- Fixed: updater error causing the workflow to not work

Download the latest release from https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/releases or open Alfred and type calculate update

On 7/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, fatherfork said:

@biati When I first installed your (awesome) workflow, I could do "time +30days" and it showed me the date 30 days from now. After editing a few settings (eg. timezone, measurement, base currency), it no longer shows me the date, just how long 30 days is in weeks and the timestamp. I've tried formatting it in different ways with the same outcome as well, time now + 30days, etc. 

I've also deleted and reinstalled the workflow, but it keeps the settings. Is there a way to reset the workflow to original settings?

Hi @fatherfork an update was just released, please try it and let me know if the update solves your issue.

12 hours ago, biati said:

Hi @fatherfork an update was just released, please try it and let me know if the update solves your issue.

Hi,

I had the same issue and the update fixed it for me.

However, the currency calculation does not work as expected on my end.

I added EUR, USD, AUD and CHF as base currencies, but I see some strange behaviour.

Typing "100 eur" (or "100eur" or "100 euro" or "100€") does not bring up the base currencies.

265895329_Screenshot2020-09-07at12_20_52.thumb.png.e4dc68f6cf80c7ea0c9ace599e7af6de.png

Typing "100 usd" brings up the base currencies, including USD which then shows 1,100.00USD, which doesn't seem right.

191927361_Screenshot2020-09-07at12_20_36.thumb.png.5f32607fd7a0d41bcec107beefc9903b.png

Using "100€ to $" doesn't seem to work at all for me.

I hope that is helpful.

8 hours ago, JulianW said:

Hi,

I had the same issue and the update fixed it for me.

However, the currency calculation does not work as expected on my end.

I added EUR, USD, AUD and CHF as base currencies, but I see some strange behaviour.

Typing "100 eur" (or "100eur" or "100 euro" or "100€") does not bring up the base currencies.

265895329_Screenshot2020-09-07at12_20_52.thumb.png.e4dc68f6cf80c7ea0c9ace599e7af6de.png

Typing "100 usd" brings up the base currencies, including USD which then shows 1,100.00USD, which doesn't seem right.

191927361_Screenshot2020-09-07at12_20_36.thumb.png.5f32607fd7a0d41bcec107beefc9903b.png

Using "100€ to $" doesn't seem to work at all for me.

I hope that is helpful.

Hi, unfortunately that does not help me at all to know what's happening. If you have a Github account you can check the issues template here https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/issues/new?assignees=&labels=&template=bug_report.md so you can respond some questions and provide the required information so i can take a look.

• 4 months later...

@biatiThis is a killer workflow. Thank you for building this. I can eliminate multiple workflows because of this. 

Is there an easy way to exchange the string "VAT" for "HST"? In Canada, we use HST instead.

Thanks for the great workflow. Is there a way to support you or buy you a beer?

On 1/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, Kevllar said:

@biatiThis is a killer workflow. Thank you for building this. I can eliminate multiple workflows because of this. 

Is there an easy way to exchange the string "VAT" for "HST"? In Canada, we use HST instead.

Thanks for the great workflow. Is there a way to support you or buy you a beer?

Hi @Kevllar I'm glad you like this workflow. For now there's no way to change that string, I'll try to find the best way to allow users to configure this 😀

Again, I'm really glad this workflow is useful, you can donate any amount you want to my PayPal account.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This workflow looks super interesting to me but I'm running into the same issue as @Iron: although I see "UAH" when I type the "list available currencies" command, it doesn't seem to work for conversion. When I type 25 USD to RUB, for example, it works, but 25 USD to UAH doesn't. Could someone look into this?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Has Big Sur broken this workflow? I just recently installed this workflow and cannot get some of the configuration functions to work. Correction: I can't get the add date format function to work still after running Fixum. Love the workflow, by the way, thanks very much for it!

Edited by postnumbers
20 minutes ago, postnumbers said:

I just recently installed this workflow and cannot get some of the configuration functions to work.

Welcome @postnumbers. When asking for help, please be specific. If you say some configuration functions don’t work, which? And which do work? Help the developer help you. The more information you provide, the likelier anyone will be able (and willing) to help.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, az566 said:

Love this workflow!

It has recently stopped working however. When I use the currency conversion it returns 0.00 rather than the real result.

I've run Fixum but that didn't fix the issue.

image.thumb.png.8c8e4152b49c0742c38c60b052e429d7.png

Yeah having the same issue.