exchangeratesapi now requires a an access_key, the change was made without notice https://github.com/exchangeratesapi/exchangeratesapi/issues/117

In the meantime adding a fixer API key will fix the conversion problem https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything#currency-options

I'll look in to this to see if keeping exchangeratesapi is worth it or find an alternative that does not require an access key. Still I recommend adding a fixer API Key as it provides support for many more currencies.

A new update has beed released 2.1.0

• New: Removed exchangeratesapi as it now requires an API Key
  • New: Added exchangerate.host
  • New: Improved configuration. Now displays a list of time zones to choose from
  • New: Improved configuration. Now displays a list of currencies to choose from
  • New: Improved configuration. Now displays a list of languages to choose from
  • Fixed: Unable to run/save configuration on certain cases

Update directly from the workflow "Open Alfred and type calculate check for updates" or download manually the latest version from the releases page https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/releases

A new update has beed released 3.0.0

• New: Now the Workflow settings are saved in the workflow variables..
  • New: Added support for data storage: Byte, Kilobyte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte, Petabyte, Exabyte, Zettabyte, Yottabyte, bit, Kibibyte, Mebibyte, Gibibyte, Tebibyte, Pebibyte, Exbibyte, Zebibyte, Yobibyte.
  • New: Added US Gallon in Volume conversions
  • New: Added Fluid Ounces in Volume conversions
  • New: Gallon now defaults to US Gallon (3.78541 Liters) to mimic the same results as other converters. You can sill type `1 uk gal in liter` or `1 ukgal in liter` `1 uk gallon in liter` or `1 us gal in liter`
  • New: Pint now defaults to US Pint (0.473176 Liters) to mimic the same results as other converters. You can sill type `1 uk pint in liter` or `1 uk pint in liter` `1 uk pt in liter` or `1 us pint in liter`
  • New: Added stopword `as` so you can type `1 kilometer as meters` or `1km as m`, etc.
  • New: Added stopword `en` (spanish) so you can type `1 kilometro en metros` or `1km en m`, etc.
  • New: When downloading rates the workflow will rerun it's query to update the results
  • New: The workflow was restructured and some parts were rewritten
  • New: Added millas, milla, miles, mile, keywords so you can type `4 miles in feet`
  • New: Updated documentation and examples
  • Improved: Updater, now displays notifications using alfred and will also notify you in the results
  • Improved: Updated translations
  • Improved: Added space between number and unit/currency for better readability
  • Improved: Removed some dependencies
  • Fixed: Subtitle not formatted according the currency locale in crypto conversions
  • Fixed: Error in subtitle for time conversions (milliseconds)
  • Fixed: Incorrect Time Unit Conversion
  • Fixed: Incorrect crypto conversion when downloading updated currency rates
  • Fixed: crypto currencies result now displays default workflow icon instead of an empty space

Update directly from the workflow or download the latest version from https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/releases

A new update has beed released 3.0.1

• New: Quart now defaults to US Quart (0.946353 Liters) to mimic the same results as other converters. You can sill type 1 uk quart in liter or 1 ukqt in liter or 1 us quart in liter
  • Improved: Decimals formatting
  • Improved: Added eurs keyword
  • Fixed: Temperature conversion not working
  • Fixed: Cache folder not created for new installations
  • Fixed: Forgot to change the name of a env variable after a PR in time conversions

Update directly from the workflow or download the latest version from https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/releases

A new update has beed released 3.0.2

• Changed: Time keyword changed to "argument required" to not display results when not required
  • Improved: Configuration menu, when entering to a submenu now you can go back to the main menu instead of closing Alfred
  • Improved: Updates message in results
  • Improved: Previous settings migration
  • Fixed: Round units conversion

Hi I am new to this. When I am on Alfred and I type 'ca', the calculate anything menu showed. But when I hit return or click on anything on the menu, the whole workflow just closed and nothing happened. May I know how to fix this ?

hello@Albert Z and welcome to the forum! you only need to invoke the workflow menu to set up language, currency etc, otherwise just enter your conversion request (e.g. "1 gallon to liter") directly into alfred and Calculate Anything will interpret it... that's the beauty of it!

Edited by giovanni

@Albert Z Do you mean that you are able to convert units but if you hit return it disappears? that's exactly the way it works, if you convert units, currency, etc, and Press return in a result, that result is copied to the clipboard and Alfred is closed as that's the end of the workflow. It does not automatically paste the conversion, you can modify the workflow if you want to do that.

So to resume, you only hit return if you want to copy the result to the clipboard, you do not need to press return to make conversions, they are processed automatically as you type in Alfred.

Please let me know if I understood correctly what you meant.

13 hours ago, biati said:

@Albert Z Do you mean that you are able to convert units but if you hit return it disappears? that's exactly the way it works, if you convert units, currency, etc, and Press return in a result, that result is copied to the clipboard and Alfred is closed as that's the end of the workflow. It does not automatically paste the conversion, you can modify the workflow if you want to do that.

So to resume, you only hit return if you want to copy the result to the clipboard, you do not need to press return to make conversions, they are processed automatically as you type in Alfred.

Please let me know if I understood correctly what you meant.

This is what happened when I hit return on list available units and currencies. It just closed itself and nothing happened. But in your github page, i see it that if you hit return on that option, another menu popped out.ezgif-2-acb2f38f17ac.webp

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, sorry, it's 5 am and about to go to bed. Anyway just tested it and the correct value is returned. The workflow stores in cache the returned rates by coinmarketcap API so probably the workflow is displaying a cached value. The workflow will update the rates every day, there's no option to configure that for now but it will be possible in a future update.

OMG really this excites me but...

...how do I install it?

Sorry for newb question but I don't see any .alfredworkflow file in the .zip and changing the .zip extension to .alfredworkflow generates error message

I also don't see any notes in the workflow's GitHub about how to instal it

Tried looking this up in the "Workflow Help & Questions" forum but when searching post titles for "install", the most recent hit is from 2018 and couldn't find anything clear

https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/11664-how-to-install-worflows-from-github/?do=findComment&comment=61101

14 hours ago, deanishe said:

I'm pretty sure what @iApple is saying is that your workflow is returning a different price, not that one.

Thanks for clarifying.

14 hours ago, biati said:

The workflow stores in cache the returned rates by coinmarketcap API so probably the workflow is displaying a cached value. The workflow will update the rates every day, there's no option to configure that for now but it will be possible in a future update.

Am sure it’s source issue such as caching as you mentioned. BTC & ETH rates returned were incorrect on the date & time I posted above. The alternative crypto workflow I tried receives rates from coinable and has been accurate so far.

Rest of your workflow for unit, time, etc work very well. Thanks for calculate anything.

• 1 month later...